| 2.1 |

A light slap on the cheek was all it took for Jungwon to slowly see a white blur in front of his eyes, and for just a short moment he swore he was seeing the pearly gates of having crossed the rainbow bridge. That was at least all until he saw Heeseung's face above his, a face that seemed to give him an immediate headache.

"Good, I'll go tell Soomin you're alive," Heeseung spoke and his face disappeared from Jungwon's view.

Meanwhile Jungwon quietly lifted his head and looked around with squnited eyes, trying to figure out where he was while he slowly regained his sight once more.

"Don't rest on your left shoulder," a voice warned and out of pure confusion Jungwon turned his head and looked at Sunghoon, who quietly sat and chewed on his bottom lip, "you got shot, you can't use your left arm much, you have to rest."

"Ah shit," Jungwon murmured as his head dropped back on the pillow, where it laid just before, "how bad?"

"Not as bad as my sister," Sunghoon mindlessly replied before looking out the window beside him, admiring the peonies that grew just outside it.

As if realization had hit him Jungwon had opened his eyes wide and sat up within moments as he snapped his head to look at Sunghoon, who let out a deep sigh. Immediately Jungwon felt dizzy and everything blacked out once again.

"Didn't you listen to Sunghoon?" this time it was Jake's face that greeted Jungwon as his eyes opened up once again, "there was a reason he told you to rest."

"He said Ji was worse," Jungwon urgrently spoke and Jake's face simply fell, "She is."

"Two entry holes in the back. You had two as well... thigh and shoulder," Jake sighed and Jungwon widened his eyes, "she was alive when we found you two... Soomin is working on her."

"But Millie noona can do it," Jungwon spoke urgently before wincing and grabbing his shoulder while Jake simply pursed his lips.

"Sure... she can," Jake mumbled before walking over and sitting down in the chair Sunghoon previously had sat in, "could..." he quietly mumbled as two of his fingers thoughtfully rubbed across his lips.

"She's alright... right hyung?" Jungwon spoke and Jake hummed before looking over at Jungwon with raised eyebrows, as if he didn't really catch what Jungwon asked about, "Ji? She's alright?"

"Yeah... she'll be fine," Jake mumbled before looking towards the door into the room, folding his hands over his stomach as his leg impatiently began bouncing up and down.

"Can I go see her?" Jungwon hopefully questioned as Jake looked back at him once more, "is it possible?"

"Soomin is operating on her," Jake shook his head, "not right now Jungwon."

"Oh-" Jungwon mumbled as he turned his head to look back up at the ceiling, "I hope she's done soon, I wanna hug her... tell her we made it all along."

It was silent for a while as Jungwon adjusted his left arm to lay comfortably, before he pulled his blanket up to his midsection and secured it down with his right hand. In that moment Jake realized something. Jungwon was of the full impression that no one had died and that Jiyeon wasn't that badly injured.

"Jungwon?" Jake questioned, only earning a hum by the younger boy, "I feel like I should tell you... Millie did not make it."

"What?" Jungwon turned his head in shock and looked at Jake, who know was leaning his elbows on his knees, "no, you're lying. If she was dead you wouldn't be sitting here."

"I'm not lying," Jake calmly spoke and Jungwon's breath hitched in his throat, "and... the other thing I need to tell you is..."

"No," Jungwon shook his head as if he already knew what Jake was going to say, "Noona is fine and Jiyeon is done soon."

"Jungwon... no," Jake shook his head before letting out a deep sigh, "when... when Soomin went to remove the bullets from Jiyeon... She had one near her right shoulder blade, and then one just right below the left side of the ribcage-"

"She's fine," Jungwon declared and Jake let out a deep sigh once again.

"She's not Jungwon," Jake deeply sighed as a desperate look grew on Jungwon's face, "the one by her ribcage is splintered... Soomin has to remove small pieces from her... we don't know if any splinters have hit anything fatal."

"She is fine, hyung," Jungwon sternly spoke to the ceiling, "she has to be."

"I know... I know..." Jake sighed and leaned back in his chair.

Once again it fell silent. Jake sat and looked at the door that could open any minute, Jungwon laid still as he pressed his lips together, trying to stay silent and hold in any sounds that might escape him. He had never really realized there was a possibility that any of them could die while the other survives, and now the thought of it scared him. He was so scared.

The door Jake was looking at opened and closed within a second as Soomin leaned against the door, letting out a sigh before sliding down and sitting on the floor.

"Where's Sunghoon and Heeseung hyung?" Jake questioned and Soomin just quietly ran a hand through her hair.

"Sunghoon is bandaging her... Heeseung is cleaning the kitchen," Soomin sighed before looking over at Jungwon, "I see he's awake."

"I had to tell him about the bullet," Jake murmured and Soomin just gave Jake a glare, "you couldn't just keep it a secret from him.

"Do you have any idea of how much blood that boy has lost throughout the past 24 hours? Now you've just worried him more than needed," Soomin hissed as she stood up and walked over to look over Jungwon, who didn't even flinch as her face came into his view, "Jungwon-ah?"

"What?" Jungwon quietly mumbled as he looked right past Soomin's head.

"Look... the bullets are removed from her now, I sewed up the wounds and Sunghoon is wrapping it now... the only thing we can do now is pray that she's just as strong and stubborn as she usually is, okay?" Soomin questioned and Jungwon quietly nodded before closing his eyes tightly.

"I can't go see her?" Jungwon whispered and Soomin shook her head, even though his eyes were closed.

"She needs rest... and she needs a lot of it," Soomin excused.

"Okay... as long as she survives," Jungwon murmured and Sooming just smiled before running a hand over his hair.

"I'm sure she will. She wouldn't dare leave you all defenseless," Soomin commented and for a moment Jungwon's breath hitched in his throat.

For just a second he had thought it was Jiyeon who had said that to him, it would look so much like her to jokingly call him defenseless.

She has to survive, that was for sure.