| 23 |

I had been unable to sleep for the few hours after the sun rose again and my shift was taken over by some other girl I had yet to know. I think her name was something ending on 'Hi' or 'Hee'. Almost same sound anyways.

So as restless as I was I had quietly moved towards the medic building and entered to sit by Millie and Soomin for some time. I felt quite comfortable around them already. They were both very down to earth and calm in everything they do. Sometimes the way they were so calm also made them so graceful and elegant that it was almost unbelieveable. It was almost like they didn't fit in.

They had both smiled widely, yet softly, when I had entered the room and just sat down on the stretcher with my legs dangling back and forth.

"Did you get injured on your shift with Kitae?" Millie softly questioned and I simply shook my head.

"I couldn't sleep, so I wanted to come here before I tried again before tonight," I excused making both girls just smile at me.

"She's cute," Soomin commented and Millie just nodded in agreement, "Jiyeon-ie, can I ask you somethnig?" she questioned as her smile slowly faded and she seemed to actually get nervous.

"Hm, what's up?" I questioned and pulled up my legs to sit cross legged on the stretcher instead.

"Do you mind Sunghoon and I..." she gestured for her hands as a way to continue her sentence but without words.

"Well... it's not like I've seen him for the past five years so I guess there's still a barrier," I shrugged and looked down momentarily before forcing a smile as I looked up at Soomin, "but I've only seen him be happy around you, and that's what's most important. The only thing I fear is something will happen to you outside of the fences and that it'll crush him. I lost both my brother's once I don't want to lose one of them to sorrow this time."

"I'll stay alive," Soomin nodded in assurance making a small smile spread on my face, "but you know the major reason he is so happy lately is because of you. Each night he has spoken of you in some way before we go to sleep. Last night he simply talked about how much you've grown since he last saw you. He cried a bit about it, but he was mostly happy about how pretty you had gotten."

"Sunghoon was always the sentimental twin," I nodded at her, "he don't show it often, but he... I don't know, I just remember the first night after we ran away from home when all of this broke out. The three of us had put down the backseats in the car so we could lay down on a bigger space. I was laying in the middle, protected by Jay and Sunghoon."

"Overprotective brothers," Millie softly commented and I nodded at her.

"I don't think we've ever hugged each other so tightly as we did then. Not even after I came here... we were like a sandwich and... Jay was talking about how we were gonna be fine while he came up with survival plans. I was completely quiet. All the while Sunghoon had his face pressed into my shoulder. I don't think he wanted us to know he was crying. But both Jay and I knew... the Sunghoon I know is a scared sentimental 14 year old... and I think he's still the same, but better at hiding it."

"Ah couldn't you have been Jake's sister as well," Millie complained with a small laugh, making both Soomin and I laugh at her as well.

"I think even if I was is sister you would know him better than me. Childhood sweethearts, then it doesn't get any closer," I shook my head at her as she just nodded in agreement, "I think it's cute."

"You should know the whole story, it's so sweet that it is sickening," Soomin shook her head making me let out a small laugh and look at Millie with an expectant look.

"You really wanna hear it?" Millie questioned and I nodded at her.

"Come on... I don't recall ever having had a girl talk, this is exciting to me," I excused making both Soomin and Millie let out a small laugh.

"From now on we're making girls' night at the house. Every Saturday," Soomin stated, "Lin included. She'll make it so much fun," Soomin stated and Millie just nodded in agreement, "so Millie-cheeks... tell the love story."

"Okay," Millie let out a small laugh at Soomin, "it all started out when... well, Jake and I are both from Australia. So it all started when we became neighbours. I think we were both four or so at the time... I thought he was adorable, always playing in the garden with their dog. Met each other in kindergarten and I sort of... I guess you could say I began stalking him."

"Four year old stalker, Millie Bae everyone, Bae Misun," Soomin announced making me let out a small laugh as Millie simply hit Soomin's shoulder, trying to bite back her own laugh.

"No... but I was really smitten with him," Millie admitted, "hiding behind bushes or trees when we were playing outside, and sitting in the corner of a room when we were playing inside. Just watching him... I think one day he noticed me and asked me if I wanted to play with him. I never saw him play with his other friends again after that day. He became like a little lost puppy I couldn't get rid off... and with those big sparkly eyes..."

"This is getting really cute," I commented and Soomin just nodded in agreement as her chin placed itself in the middle of her palm.

"I think we were five when it happened. He must've figured out that my favorite flower were sunflowers, he gave me one and a kiss on the cheek and I guess... that's when it all started. 14 years later and we're still smitten kindergarten kids," Millie shrugged as she concluded her story with a small smile.

"She's not pointing out the fact that once Jake's family wanted to move to Australia her family had to move as well, because otherwise both kids would be heartbroken at the age of seven," Soomin pointed out and I just smiled at the story.

"I think it's cute," I assured making Millie simply smile at me.

"He still brings me back sunflowers sometimes... when he finds them on missions," Millie quietly muttered as a small brush crept up her cheeks and I let out a small squeal before looking over at Soomin.

"I know it's adorable," Soomin nodded at me.

"Unnie what's your favorite flower?" I immediately asked making her frown at me.

"Peonies... why?" she questioned in amusement and I immediately jumped down from the stretcher and ran to the door.

"I gotta tell Sunghoon!" I yelled back only earning a small laugh from each girl as I rushed out of the door in search to find my youngest brother. 

I wanted Soomin to get cute small gestures as well, just like Millie did. Most of all I wanted to see my brother being absolutely adorable and weak for a girl he loved.