| 2.28 |

I quietly stirred in the stew Sunoo had made for me, while I silently pushed open the door to the bedroom, trying to blow away the steam that rose up from the stew. The moment I had closed the door behind me my eyes immediately traveled over to Jungwon in the bed.

I had quietly shimmered out of his arms, while he was still sleeping. Now he sat up right in bed, looking at me with wide eyes as he clearly was breathing heavily as he just looked over at me.

"You said you wouldn't leave," he quietly reminded as I let out a sigh and pursed my lips.

"You need to understand that just because I'm not beside you when you wake up, it doesn't mean that I'm dead, kidnapped or hurt," I reminded him as I rushed over and sat down on the bed, lifting a spoonful of stew up to my mouth, blowing softly on it, "you wanted me to eat, didn't you?" I questioned as I took a mouthful of the stew.

"But... I..." he trailed off before gulping, "in my dream... Jay hyung-"

"Ah..." I slowly nodded as I looked down at the stew and mindlessly stirred.

"I'm sorry it's just... he said something about you being hurt and then I thought I heard you scream and then you weren't there when I woke up," he rambled on and I calmly held up a spoonful of stew directed towards him, "what?"

"We had to share this, remember?" I questioned him and he glanced between the spoon and I.

Eventually he just nodded and let out a small sigh as he reached out and grabbed the spoon from me, quietly eating a few spoonfuls before placing the spoon back into the bowl, a small smile spreading on his face.

"You eat the rest," he offered and I quietly nodded at him.

I hummed as I looked down at the stew once again, before sucking in a deep breath and looking over at him. Jungwon immediately turned his head and looked at me with a questioning look.

"I don't think..." I trailed off ebfore abruptly just shaking my head, "I love you too."

"What?" he questioned in amusement as I immediately lifted a hand to my face and tried to dab away my reddened cheeks, trying to cool them down.

"Look... I heard you before you fell asleep," I sighed and he immediately got a face of shock and fear on his face, "I just... we don't really say it to one another and I suppose... I suppose we should say it more but I can't really say it and I don't really think you can either... so yeah..."

"Ji..." he called out and I hummed, immediately lifting my face, which I hadn't realized had turned back down to the stew once again, "I want to say it more... I just can't do it whenever you're sitting around me, smiling at me or talking, or even just leaning against me when you're tired. I don't know what is stopping me, I just can't."

I softly nodded as a small smile spread on my face, as if to assure him it was alright. I looked back down at the stew that slowly seemed to get more and more unappetizing now that I realized it was some gooey grey color.

"Niki was out in the kitchen when i went out to heat this up," I murmured and I could almost sense Jungwon snapping his head over towards me, "he told me to tell you that he wants to give you a tight hug when you're ready for it. He also said that Jake and Heeseung had driven off while we were asleep, they couldn't wake us up... saying something that it had been too long since we had rested like this."

It fell silent once again as I slowly felt my eyes well up, I didn't even know what the specific reason was. I just... couldn't help it I guess. Maybe I was just too overwhelmed.

"I think I need some fresh air," I excused and quickly got up from the bed.

Once again I discarded the stew on the desk before rushing out of the room, almost feeling like I was being suffocated with each step down the hallway that I took. It didn't exactly help when I turned to go outside and just came face to face with Sunghoon, who just stared at me for a few seconds before grabbing my shoulders and hindering me in stepping outside.

"Are you alright?" he softly questioned as he looked down at me. I didn't answer I just sucked in a deep breath, trying not to let my tears fall, "did Jungwon say or do anything?" he continued and I shook my head.

"Outside... I need to go outside," I rushed and he pursed his lips before reaching down and grabbing my hand softly, walking outside with me.

"You know what this house has that the other one didn't have?" Sunghoon softly commented as he walked over behind the house and guided me over to a small bench, "I found a small group of Forget-Me-Nots... and convinced Lin to teach me how to make a flowercrown for you... I think it would be nice..."

I quietly nodded as I bit back a whimper and held even tighter onto his hand, making him look down at me with a soft look.

"You're not really alright, are you?" he whispered and I just shrugged, "do you know what's wrong?"

"No," I murmured as I shook my head and he quietly hummed, "can you please keep talking? I liked it... Lin... and flowers..."

"I just thought... the light blue would go really nice with you... fits you perfectly, it would be the most color I've seen on you in a while," he shrugged, "and Lin... she needs to get over Sunoo still being alive first... I think she's still in shock."

"Were she happy to see him again?" I quietly questioned and he nodded as he just looked out over the large grass field that stretched behind the house.

"We called her out in the front hall we realized who it was... Heeseung hyung had to catch her before she fell to the ground... she barely got up on her feet before she threw herself at him. I don't think I've ever seen two people hug so tightly. She was crying, he held her so tight... I don't think he even wanted to let go... as far as I know they're laying in bed right now, just talking about the time they've been apart and rebuilding a normal relationship again... you know... I think Riki would be willing to let you and Jungwon try and ride the horses together if you need to get out and away for a bit."

"Our injuries-" I started and Sunghoon immediately cut me off with a small laugh.

"If your injuries were still a problem you wouldn't have held so tightly onto each other while sleeping, nor would've you have gone through the house with such a speed. I think riding a horse won't be a problem, as long as you don't put it into a gallop," he assured with a small smile.

"Did you all watch us sleep?" I questioned and sniffled quietly before looking up at my brother.

"If I had a camera I would've taken a picture," he nodded at me, "it looked like a scene that would play out if we had a normal teenage life..." he hummed, "once in a while it looked like he was mindlessly trying to press a kiss to your forehead, but I'm not actually sure..."

A small frown grew on Sunghoon's face before it was just replaced by a small smile instead.

"Where's unnie?" I murmured and Sunghoon looked down at me with a small smile.

"Getting some well deserved rest," he softly assured and I frowned over at him, "what?"

"You should be with her... holding her," I stated and he quietly shook his head.

"We're still building up again," he shook his head, adjusting his bangs slightly before looking down at me with a small smile, "besides... there is this other important girl in my life, who I had to take care of."

A small smile spread on my face before I dropped my head down onto Sunghoon's shoulder and he just softly gave my hand a small squeeze.