| 26 |

I squinted my eyes at the bright light that shone into the room as I woke up. It was either that or Jungwon mindlessly wandering around the room and shuffling through things that had woken me up.

In a second I wanted to turn around and just suffocate myself in my pillow as I saw his back. But I didn't get a chance to do so before Jungwon had turned around and seen me awake.

"I told Millie noona that you would go to her once you woke up," Jungwon spoke up and shuffled through some things that laid on the desk in the room, "I'm guessing you don't want a hickey on full display around the base."

"What?" I muttered and quickly lifted my hands to my neck.

"Seems like you didn't push away fast enough last night," Jungwon excused with a shrug, "I told her you had come to our room last night cuz you had fallen down a small part of the ladder and that a bruise was forming on your neck. Be happy I saved you from embarrassment."

"I would be more happy if you wouldn't be so nosy about everything," I excused and threw my duvet off me and stood up from my bed. I didn't get a chance to move around before Jungwon stood right in front of me.

"You listen to me here you little brat," he hissed down at me, "ever since you got here I haven't done anything but help you. If you decide to see my curiousity and concerns as being nosy then that is your problem, but don't begin to insult me just because you're scared."

"And what should I be scared about?" I questioned smugly as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Where do I begin, hm?" he hummed and quirked a brow at me, "should  we start with the fact that you're scared of your own dreams?"

"You give me such an urge to slap you," I muttered.

"Oh really? I thought you couldn't hurt living people?" Jungwon mocked with a smile that just screamed 'oh look at me, I'm a big ass jerk right now'.

"I hate you," I hissed making him just look at me in amusement.

"I don't believe you," he commented making me just glare at him, "prove it."

"I fucking hate you Yang Jungwon," I continued making him calmly arch a brow at me.

"Hm, cursing and using the full name... kinda hot," he commented making me roll my eyes as he just let out a small laugh, "you don't really hate me, just admit it."

"Then what do I do?" I questioned with an impatient look on my face.

"Hmm... I don't know maybe you love me," he stated and emphasized the word 'love' by momentarily widening his eyes.

"Are you sure it's not you who is in love with me?" I questioned in amusement, making him just look at me in offense, "because as far as I remember it was you who kissed me."

"And you melted right into it," he retorted.

"How nice, sexual tension between two enemies that seems to be in love with each other," Jake's voice commented from the door, making both Jungwon and I look over at him. Neither of us had heard him enter or even knock on the door, "now you two either make out or I'm gonna go get either Jay or Sunghoon before we have to go for our mission."

"We're not gonna make out," Jungwon frowned as disgust laced his voice.

"Well... I was initially sent here to get Jiyeon, Millie said something about you falling from a ladder and a bruise she had to check on," Jake excused and looked to me, "but now that I am here I want to get filled in on what is happening between the two of you... or I could use my little knowledge of you," Jake looked to Jungwon with a wide smile, "kissing the precious little sister of Jay and Sunghoon... I'm sure both boys would be delighted to know you're corrupting their pure and innocent sister. Now tell me what the hell happened here?"

"It was a one time thing," Jungwon excused, "it was nothing but an accident."

I had to admit that the way he so nonchalantly brushed it off as being nothing did hurt. Whether it was because I had hoped for that kiss to lead to something more or if it was because I felt used, I actually didn't know. But one thing was for sure, right now Jungwon was just as low on my list of favorite people as Kitae was.

"I better go see Millie," I quietly excused before grabbing my jacket and moving past Jake to get out of the house fast as possible.

"If she tells Jay or Sunghoon you're dead meat," Jake's voice sternly warned from Jungwon's room as I rushed down the stairs.

I quietly tugged my jacket tightly around me as I rushed outside in the cold morning air and headed for the medic shed. It was times like these where I seriously wondered about wether or not I should leave the base or not. I know I promised Jungwon what I promised him, and I know both my brothers here expect me to stay. But so far I hadn't exactly had the best experiences here.

"Unnie?" I called out as I opened the door to the medic shed, making Millie's face immediately appear in my sight and grin widely at me.

"Let's look at that bruise, yeah?" Millie questioned and I quietly nodded as I walked in and sat on the stretcher, "I suppose Jungwon sent you," she commented as she went over to grab a few supplies from Soomin, who quickly handed her all she needed.

"He did, but Jake came and got me to hurry," I hummed with a small nod.

"Ah, don't mind Jake. He just wants to make sure I don't need to help anyone before he and the two others go for their mission," Millie waved it off, "Soomin promised to go say goodbye to Sunghoon, so he want to make sure I can go say goodbye to him as well."

"But they'll be back," I stated and Millie just nodded in agreement.

"They will... but it's always to be on the safe side," Millie nodded at me before walking over and turning my head to see the bruise better, "just like Jungwon came to me and asked me to check your bruise for any dangers."

"He did?" I questioned and she nodded at me with a small smile on her face, "I thought it was just to get it to go away faster."

"Oh dear god no," Millie shook her head in amusement, "the poor boy was quite out of himself. He seemed really worried. I don't think I've ever seen him as frantic and begging. At first I really thought you were fatally injured and then he just said it was a bruise. But because he insisted that I made sure you were alright I'm gonna put a bandage over the bruise so he feels more safe. Out of sight out of mind."

I let out a small laugh as Millie softly placed a band aid on my neck, covering up the bruise perfectly before she just grinned at me and turned to Soomin, holding her hands on her hips.

"So we go say goodbye to lover boys?" Millie questioned and Soomin just nodded before standing up from her chair, "and you gotta go say goodbye to at least Jay."

"I know," I hummed at her and jumped down from the stretcher to follow the two girls outside.