| 2.48 |

Somehow Jungwon managed to bring the car to a slow halt out in front of the farm house. People immediately rushed out towards us and I stumbled to get out of the car.

"Unnie," I cried out as Soomin just pushed forward and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Yang Jungwon, what the hell did you do?" Soomin almost screamed out as Jungwon rushed out and grabbed onto my waist as my knees buckled under me.

"I just... I cut her tracking device out... but she didn't listen and tried to stop the bleeding," Jungwon quickly spoke as he held me upright, pushing down onto the place he had cut into my neck, "Sunghoon hyung... he..."

"Please Unnie... please," I whispered and her eyes immediately flickered to me.

A sense of realization seemed to cross Soomin's face as she glanced down at the ground and reached out to nudge Taehyun's arm. He simply glanced at before walking forward and looking into the backseat of the car, from where I had stumbled.

"Do something, please," I whispered again and Soomin looked at me before quietly shaking her head and walking back into the house, not one word left her mouth.

"If the tracking device is out of Jiyeon's neck... that means she can stay right?" Lin spoke up to which Yeonjun and Heeseung seemed dismayed before both nodding in agreement, "Yeon-ie we need to get you sewn up fast as possible. It's not a deep wound, but it'll leave a scar, alright?"

"But Sunghoon," I whimpered as she walked over and brushed my hair out of my face.

"Let's get you inside, alright?" Lin spoke and I immediately shook my head, stepping out of Jungwon's grip.

I immediately looked back to thar car, I could only see Sunghoon's pale and limp hand through the car door, but it was enough for me to lunge forward to get back into the car. I was immediately pulled back by my wrist and right into an embrace.

Within seconds I sat on the ground and cried into someone's shoulder as they held tightly onto me.

"You need to calm down Jiyeon-ie... the more you move the more you'll bleed," Jake's voice softly spoke beside my ear as he only held onto me tighter, "let's get you inside, how does that sound?" he questioned and pulled slightly away from me, so my face couldn't be buried in his shoulder. He quickly brushed my hair back before smiling softly at me, raising both eyebrows, "need a little rest, don't you?"

"Sunghoon," I murmured and he just nodded, quickly glancing over my shoulder before going back to withholding eye contact with me.

"Nothing new will happen to him no matter if you stay here or go inside," Jake softly assured, "right now would be a good idea to go in and let Lin take care of your neck, alright?" I contemplated it as I closed my eyes tightly before just nodding, "I'll lift you."

Without any type of hesitation Jake lifted me off the ground and carried me into the house. I don't really think I was present when Lin sewed up the small wound on my neck, I must've been in a daze for most of the time. I don't even know if I had cried.

The only thing I knew was that Jake had carried me down to a bedroom. When he had pushed the door open Jungwon immediately had rushed up and taken me into his arms.

"Make sure she gets rest Jungwon," Jake sternly pointed out while Jungwon just nodded and rushed to place me on the bed, "I mean it man... you know how... you know... Sunghoon and-"

"I know hyung," Jungwon quickly assured with a quick nod, "don't worry."

Jake hummed before glancing over at me and quietly closing the door. Jungwon immediately rushed over and threw the blanket over me, beginning to tug it closely around me.

"Jungwon," I whispered and he immediately paused before looking up at me, "please... I can't sleep alone."

Jungwon quietly pursed his lips before nodding and getting under the blanket beside me as well. He was very careful as he laid down beside me, almost like was of the finest porcelain, that would crack within seconds of him touching it.

The moment he had laid down beside me I immediately turned into him and just hugged him close. A small sigh escaped him before he hesitantly wrapped his arms around my shoulders and just held me closer that way. Jungwon didn't say anything as he just softly stroked my hair, somehow it was comforting.

"You should've left me there," I whispered and Jungwon let out a deep sigh.

"Sunghoon hyung knew it would be better if you were here than he was," Jungwon whispered as I immediately shook my head, "you... Ji you know so much on how to survive on your own. The fact they even made you go is stupid... wait..."

"What?" I murmured and he just shook his head, giving me a small squeeze.

"I'll take care of it tomorrow," he excused as a frown stayed on his face, a smile first grew on his face when he looked back at me, "don't think about it, okay? It's nothing to do with you... you should sleep you know."

"I can't," I whispered and he hummed, "not because... not because of Sunghoon," I whispered as I shook my head, "I just can't."

"Scared?" he questioned and I quietly nodded as I lifted my head to lay it on his shoulder, his hand falling down to rub my bicep softly, "why?"

"Tomorrow," I whispered as I just shook my head, "just... don't leave, okay?"

"You know I'm not going to," he reminded and I hummed with a small nod, "try and sleep, okay? For me?"

I quietly nodded before letting my eyelids fall close. I used all my power left to push Sunghoon's dead body to the back of my mind. If I as much as thought about him just one bit I would not get one second of sleep during the night.