| 62 |

I closed my eyes tightly and pressed my lips together to avoid showing my fear and hurt to the three people around me. I tried to keep my breath stable as my heart hammered faster and faster in my chest, which already was hurting badly enough as is.

"I need you to trust me one last time," Jungwon whispered and for a moment I wasn't even sure I actually heard him right, "I'm gonna get us out of this, just stand still and let me save you for once."

As he let go of my nape and straightened up again, slowly backing backward to stand beside his dad, I opened my eyes and looked at him through the blur my tears formed over my eyes, they were yet to fall.

"Finished?" Jungwon's dad questioned and Jungwon just nodded at him with a small satisfied smile.

I was so torn. I didn't know what to believe. Was he actually gonna save me or was he gonna let me die or get tortured or whatever they wanted to do with me. But then again... the only reason his dad and the Alliance wanted to get ahold of me was to make him suffer, so was he really on their side?

I dropped my head quietly as my thoughts rushed around in my head. Was he gonna help me? What happened to the others? Are they still alive back at the house? Did they flee? Are they laying dead somewhere?

My breathing slowly became shallow as I felt myself panic more and more and I began heaving after my breath as a frown grew deep on my face. A headache creeped up on me and refused to leave my head as it only intensified and made my throughts blurry and my mind hazy. 

I wasn't even sure if I was standing on my feet anymore, I wasn't even able to focus on what was being said around me. But somehow I managed to concentrate just enough to catch what was being said but now who said it.

"What is happening? A seizure or something?"

"Panicking... she does this once in a while when put under pressure."

"Well, make it stop."

"I can't exactly stop it unless she is let go off and I can get to talk to her."

"Well, do something! She looks like she's gonna be sick and we haven't even started her torment yet."

"Eh, worst case scenario is that she'll faint."

Of course... just pretend to faint. I could focus enough on that, couldn't I? Either pretend to faint or let my body go on into full panic mode. That is... if he even wanted to save me.

I attempted to suck in a deep breath. Attempted. It was more like I was heaving for my breath before I felt my knees buckle under me and my arms get slightly twisted behind my back as I just fell to the ground. Soon the pressure around my wrists disappeared as I fell down onto the ground with all of my body.

My breathing continued at a rapid pace as I laid on the ground but I still managed to hear a loud groan followed by a loud bang somewhere in the distance, that I thought might actually be right around me.

Everything went so fast that I didn't realize I had been lifted from the ground and rushed to somewhere else. It was first when I felt a warm embrace around me that I seemed to get back to my senses.

"I'm so sorry," Jungwon's voice whispered right beside my ear as I felt him press his face even closer to the crook of my neck, "I couldn't stop it. I had to do it for our safety... I'm so sorry. I saw the hurt-" Jungwon halted in his words as I slowly wrapped my arms around him and burried my face in his shoulder.

"Please tell me it was an act," I whispered and immediately felt him bury a hand in my hair.

"It was, I swear it was," he whispered, "I love you so much, I swear. I feel so bad... it looked like everything just shattered in you. I'm so sorry."