| 2.36 |

I quietly watched as Jungwon continued to ruffle his wet hair in the towel, in an attempt to dry it more than it already was. We had resorted to go down into the forrest to bathe in one of the smaller lakes that got its water from a clean water spring further into the forrest. 

Usually we would shower and such back at the house but the water hadn't worked in the morning, so Jungwon and I had gone down to the lake together, to keep a watch out for the other in case any danger would come nearby while we were bathing.

"Your turn?" Jungwon questioned as he raised both eyebrows at me and I quietly nodded at him, "ae you alright?"

"Are you still mad abo-" I started and he immediately cut me off by tipping my chin upwards with two fingers.

"When did I say I was mad about you getting amnesia?" he questioned as a small smile grew on his face, "I'm just happy you remember me again. Okay?"

"Yeah..." I whispered with a small nod before looking out over the lake, "is it cold?"

"Colder than it would've been in August," he nodded, "but it's not too bad," he remarked and bent down to grab the gun I had sat with while he was washing up, "now get in and I'll keep a watch out."

"Don't you dare peek," I warned him and he let out a small laugh before shaking his head.

"You know I won't even be able to," he assured and turned his  back to the lake.

I quietly stepped down to the shore of the lake, carefully stripping down from my clothes, quickly glancing back to make sure Jungwon still had his back turned to me, before I rid myself completely of everything.

The water sure was cold when I stepped into it, but it was fine. I quickly adjusted to it's temperature before swimming out to the tree board Jungwon had placed the soap on when he had been out to wash up.

"There's not fish in here, is there?" I called out to him as I tried to figure out what bottle was what.

"I don't know," he calmly replied, "why... is the ever so brave Park Jiyeon afraid of fish?" he questioned in amusement and I glared at his back, "don't look at me like that, I can feel when you glare at me."

"Good," I grumbled before dipping my head underwater to wet my hair.

"You didn't peek when I was out in the lake, did you?"Jungwon called out and I let out a small laugh before shaking my head in disbelief.

"Why in the world would I want to peek?" I questioned in amusement, "I've already seen you shirtless from when you got removed the stitches in your shoulder. Besides... don't you think I respect your privacy?"

"Well, you never know," he casually shrugged as I massaged soap into my hair, "there might be some extremely perverted side to you that I don't know of yet. It's not like we have time to talk about such things."

"Jungwon-ah?" I called out and he hummed as I massaged the soap into the tips of my hair, "do you remember what I told you about Shinhye? You know more about me and my story than Sunghoon does. You have nothing to worry about."

Jungwon stayed silent as I continued to wash my hair and body. Once I finished I brought the tree board with me back onto land before grabbing the last dry towel. With the high sun on the sky my body dried off relatively quickly, allowing me to quickly slip back into my underwear and pants.

"Do you know how your scars are doing?" Jungwon sighed as he fiddled around with the gun in his hands.

"Unnie stopped checking after she decided they looked alright," I simply replied and he hummed, "you wanna check?"

"I just... want to make sure they're not getting infected or anything. I won't check if you don't want me to," he quickly assured as he shook his head.

"Maybe back at the house, alright?" I murmured and grabbed my shirt from the ground, quickly pulling it over my head before patting his shoulder, "alright?" I questioned as he turned around and looked at me, giving me a small nod, "you know... do you remember... no nevermind."

"Remember what?" he questioned with a small amused smile on his face, grabbing my towel and draping it over my hair softly, "come on tell me..."

"I just... remembered I had promised you that when I can walk again I would kiss you properly," I let out a small smile before shaking my head and pulling off the towel, "but now I can even swim. I guess that promise ran out," I casually shrugged, trying to bite back my smile knowing well what I just had done.

"Woah woah, no no no, a promise doesn't expire," Jungwon quickly warned as he grabbed out for my wrist, "I want my kiss."

"Is that so?" I teased and he immediately nodded at me, "you want your kiss."

"Dammit Jiyeon, I want my fricking kiss," he complained before I reached up and ruffled his wet hair, brushing it out of his eyes afterwards.

"Well... do you deserve it?" I hummed at him.

Jungwon didn't answer he instead just pulled me closer, wrapping an arm around my waist before reaching his other hand up to rake my hair out of my face while I simply looked up at him with a small smile.

"Why won't I deserve a kiss, hm?" he hummed, "I didn't peek."

"Sure you didn't," I rolled my eyes at him.

"I didn't Ji... I seriously didn't," he remarked and tugged a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Hmm... then maybe you do deserve your kiss," I hummed as he just nodded in agreement and tapped his lips with a finger.

"So... where is it?" he questioned and I let out a small laugh before reaching up and pecking his lips softly. I didn't get to pull away much before he placed a hand on the back of my neck, hindering my head from moving further away, "I thought you said a proper kiss," he murmured as his lips grazed against mine.

"Too long since you last got a kiss?" I questioned and he hummed, his nose rubbing up and down my cheek as he did.

I smiled softly before leaning back in again and softly pressed my lips against his, making both his hands land on my waist as he held me closer. Slowly a smile grew on my face, only making Jungwon lean more into me as a smile spread on his face as well. In the end it ended up being more like the two of us were smiling against each other's lips instead of kissing.

"We can get through this you know," Jungwon murmured as he began swaying us from side to side, only pulling a hum from my throat, "together... if you just stay by me... we can pull through."

I quietly hummed before reaching down and grabbing his hands in mine. The more time passed by the more I wished for this whole problem to have a solution.