| 34 |

Warning: *Pretty graphic descriptions ahead*

Jungwon's grip stayed tight on my hand as I just sat and stared down at the blood that slowly ran down over his cheekbone and slowly made it's way across the bridge of his nose. Meanwhile he just looked at me with a calm look. Reminding me indirectly that I had to stay calm.

"Oh damn he's a hard headed one compared to that Shim boy," the man spoke before Jungwon tightly closed his eyes and I watched in horror as the man just stamped on the side of Jungwon's head.

My imagination immediately went wild when Jungwon's grip on my hand loosened and it now was my turn to immediately clutch around his hand tightly, not letting his hand slip from mine. I could only imagine a crack of a skull shattering in my head, but I prayed that the man hadn't stamped hard enough for that and that the sound only was in my head and not out in reality.

"Now... two men knocked out, we all know what that means," the man let out a small laugh, "the third always gotta leave. Who will it be?"

The man began walking around as he casually swung the crowbar looking over each and everyone of us.

"Shoot or beat?" the man loudly questioned.

"Beat!" an unison yelled answer immediately came from the strangers.

I didn't register what was happening as I only sat and watched Jungwon. The blood was now running over and dripping down on the sandy ground from his nose bridge. It almost felt like I was paralyzed in my spot.

"He'll be fine," Sunghoon hoarsely rasped beside me as a slow shaky breath escaped from my lips.

"Now last time it was a girl we took... Bang Taehee," the man stated, "we could take the sister this time... Sunhi," the man stated and stopped by the girl that had taken over after one of my shifts in the eastern tower. She immediately began shaking before the man just let out a laugh and shook his head, "no no, how about one of the Parks? You have a few of those, don't you?" the man questioned in amusement, "two twins. The question is just who is the more liked one."

My breath hitched in my throat and I felt a tight knot in my stomach. I am not doing this. I almost lost Sunghoon earlier, Jungwon was possibly fatally injured laying in front of me, ain't no way in hell I am losing a brother for real. My left fist immediately clenched tightly and I felt my eyes close tightly. I did not want to cry.

 "We already have one near death... he won't be fun, now would he?" another voice spoke up, it was a female's voice. I could see her poke Sunghoon's shoulder with something that looked like a sledgehammer, "he's pathetic. So that leaves one twin doesn't it?"

I looked over towards Jay, who hesitantly looked up at the woman before looking over at me. I immediately pursed my lips and let out a heavy breath as I felt a tear trickle down over my cheek. Jay's eyes immediately softened as he looked at me and just nodded as if to tell me it was gonna be alright.

I quietly shook my head as I just watched the sledgehammer get lifted over the woman's head. I didn't understand how Jay could just sit there so calmly and softly smile towards Sunghoon and I.

'Stay with Jungwon'

The few words mouthed by Jay was all it took for my sight to become slightly blurry before I had blinked all my tears away. He knew... he must've known for long, didn't he? He surely wouldn't believe that man no matter what he had said. He had figured it out himself, I was sure of it.

I felt like vomiting the moment the hammer knocked Jay down to the ground, but yet it seemed like I couldn't tear my eyes away from my brother. His body fell limp on the ground, sticking out of the half circle in an uncomfortably odd way. I wish someone had made me look away as the hammer continued its constant contact with the same part of my brother that slowly disappeared as it turned into a disgusting red mush.

As comically as it sounded, it almost was like someone had smashed an egg and left the egg whites to run out to the sides as the yellow part stayed still in a weird mushy way. It was horrifying and it made me tilt down from where I sat on my knees, the side of my left hip hitting the ground as I watched the body that was literally headless lay between Heeseung and Soobin.

"Well... looks like we're done here for now, can't wait to count one less next time... toodles~" the man who had spoken first cooed and as quickly as everything had happened and appeared as quickly did the cars back away and drive off.

The moment the gates had been closed by Taehyun, Jungwon quickly sat up and placed a hand on the back of my head, pulling me into his shoulder as he tightened his grip around my hand once again. 

"Shh, I know, I know," he whispered into my ear as he softly rubbed my scalp. 

He must've been awake through the whole thing. That's the only logical explanation for him to be so fast on his reaction.

"Ja-jay," I croaked out past the lump in my throat making Jungwon just nod against the side of my head.

"I know..." he muttered, "I know."

"Yeonjun and Heeseung you two get the stretcher for Jake! Soobin you help Sunghoon back to his bed to rest! Kitae and Huening you two know what to do and Jungwon I want you in the medic house," Millie immediately demanded and Jungwon immediately shook his head.

"I can't leave right now," Jungwon yelled back as an excuse.

"Go," I whispered and softly pushed him away, "you're injured."

"I'm fine," Jungwon shook his head softly, "you need comfort right now."

"You need to go... you're bleeding Jungwon," I reminded him, almost as if he didn't know.

"Jungwon... you need to get checked," Lin softly spoke and tugged on Jungwon's arm, slowly pulling him up.

Jungwon kept his eyes fixed on me as Lin dragged him all the way to the medic house, it was first when he entered the house he looked away from me, simply because he didn't have any other choice.

I quietly slumped in my spot as I looked around myself. Everyone had scattered about either comforting each other or trying to clean up the deep dark red spot where Jay's head had laid earlier.

"How about we get you to bed Jiyeon-ie?" Sunoo softly questioned as he walked over beside me and I just quietly shook my head at him, "I think you should get some rest though."

Slowly I planted the palms of my hands on the sand in front of me and pushed me up on my feet. My legs felt shaky as I just looked around with a panicked look on my face. I suddenly felt so hopeless. A whole new wave of abandonment washed over me and it was just that same day all over again, except that Jay had now left, and he had left for good.

Without a second thought I immediately set into a run, even though my legs were struggling to hold me up. I just ran, and I kept running, only one thought on my mind.

I want my brother back.