| 2.6 |

Jiyeon POV

I struggled to keep my eyes open as I kept them fixated on the raven haired boy, whose face was laying right in front of mine. His skin was a lot paler than I remembered, but his eyes were closed in a peaceful sleep.

I sighed deeply before sniffling my nose and tapping his hand softly, making his grip around it tighten slightly, subconsiously. A small hum escaped my mouth as the corners of my lips slowly tugged upwards.

Soon enough Jungwon began stirring and a small frown grew on his face while his eyes slowly fluttered open and squinted at me, a small groan leaving his mouth as he rubbed one of his eyes.

"Morning," I whispered and he slowly looked over at me.

A small smile grew on Jungwon's face as he pulled his hand out of mine, immediately digging the hand up into my hair and softly ruffling it out of my face.

"Are you alright?" he whispered and I hummed with a small nod, "long night."

"I'm fine," I hummed in assurance and he smiled softly before moving his face closer to mine, rubbing his nose against mine before letting out a small laugh himself.

"Get well soon," he whispered, "please," his words almost made me feel guilty about being injured, but I knew it wasn't anything any of us could change.

"Is your leg alright?" I questioned and he just hummed with a small nod, "and your shoulder?"

"They already began growing together," he softly assured, "noona said they could move the stitches in a few days... I can soon begin walking around on my own," he happily revealed and I smiled softly at him.

"That's good," I mumbled and he hummed at me.

"Then I can soon begin helping you around," he pointed out, "ain't no way anyone else gets to lift you around... only me."

"Very endearing," I chuckled lowly at him and he simply let out a sigh.

"Been consious for a few days and she's already ready to bicker," he commented and I hummed at him.

"Of course I am. Told you that I would make sure to annoy you till the day I die... and that day obviously hasn't come around for me yet," I remarked and he smirked as he lifted his head and nodded proudly down at me.

Within moments Jungwon's small smile had faltered and he snapped his head towards the exit of the room, much to my confusion. Especially considering that I couldn't really move around myself.

"What is it?" I mumbled and he immediately hushed me, holding up a finger as he looked to be listening for something.

Concentrating on finding any sound to listen to I soon realized what it was that Jungwon had heard. There was an engine outside the house. But we didn't have a car, we haven't had any vehicle since the camper.

"Please don't leave me," I immediately whispered and Jungwon just nodded, not looking at me as he gave me his hand to hold.

Soon enough I could hear fast footsteps rush up the stairs and into the room. I kept my eyes fixed on Jungwon to see his reaction, if anything bad was happening. But his expression stayed indifferent, it was more confused than panicked if it even had changed.

"Here's the thing," Heeseung let out a heavy sigh, "Jake may or may not have been seen by someone when he was out to steal a vehicle for us today, so we need to leave asap."

"But... Ji," Jungwon reminded and Heeseung simply hummed, I could imagine he had nodded as well.

"Jake is coming up to help me get her down into the van," Heeseung excused and I could see Jungwon immediately purse his lips, oh he wasn't happy with that decision.

"She's gonna hurt," Jungwon reminded.

"And you can also leave her to possibly get killed here, but we want to make sure she's alive and is gonna recover well... so we're gonna get her down into that van. If you're against that decision you might as well just kill her now," Heeseung retorted and Jungwon let out a deep sigh before just nodding in agreement and looking down at me.

"Okay, I'm here, I'm here. Let's get her down," fast footsteps led Jake straight into the room and I slowly let go of Jungwon's hand, making him look at me as if he was offended.

Heeseung carefully moved Jungwon away from my side before grabbing my arm and Jake doing the same on the other side. They carefully hoisted me off the bed by my arms, before slipping an arm each, under my shoulders.

I let out a hiss of pain the moment they had pulled me up, immediately earning protests from Jungwon, who was trying to limp after us as the two boys managed to get me out of the room.

I was barely able to stand on my legs as the pains in my back was intensifying. Time and time again I kept stumbling over my own feet only applying more weight on my shoulders that would end up giving me more pain in my back.

It was the stairs that was the worst for me to go down, the constant stumbling over my feet had me yelping out with each step and I had ended up begging for us to take a break halfway down the stairs.

"Only a few more steps to go," Jake assured as he softly sat me down with the help of Heeseung, "it's over soon."

"It hurts," I whispered through heavy breaths as my back kept burning and hurting in ways I didn't even know was possible for it to hurt.

"You can do it," Heeseung softly assured before he counted down from three and he and Jake immediately lifted me up again and helped me down the last few steps and out into the van they had been talking about.

Sunghoon and Soomin was already in the car. Sunghoon sat in the passenger's seat and just looked at us when we had gotten into the car, meanwhile Soomin was rushing around to help me lay down on my stomach in the back of the van, where she had layered blankets and pillows with one another.

The moment I laid down again relief immediately washed over me and a deep breath left my mouth.

"All done," Jungwon quietly muttered as he sat down beside my head and softly ran a hand through my hair, "it'll stop hurting soon... and if not... I'm gonna kill my dad."

"You wanna kill him anyway," I reminded him, to which he quietly hummed and continued the stroking of my hair.

"But I will not hesitate for one second if I keep what he did to you in mind, and I sure will keep that in mind," he remarked before smiling softly down at me, "I'm gonna kill him. I really am."