| 2.44 |

It was dark in the room as Jungwon quietly laid in bed. Flat on his back, the blanket over him, hands on his stomach, just listening. His walkie laid on the bedside stand beside the bed, meanwhile it kept emitting sounds that made Jungwon unable to sleep.

There was a constant of shallow breaths, interrupted by whimpers, small screams or sobs. Once in a while some sort of order would get yelled out. Jungwon didn't have a visual of what was happening, but one thing he sure knew. Those sounds of pain and torment were coming from Jiyeon. Yet, not once did she call out for him. Jungwon didn't really know if he was sad she didn't call out for him or if he was happy she didn't. It already hurt him enough to hear her in pain, he couldn't imagine how it would feel if she was calling for him when he couldn't get to her.

For hours on end Jungwon had laid and contemplated whether or not he should take out the batteries of the walkie. He couldn't stand hearing Jiyeon like this, yet he was scared of missing out on anything important. He was scared of missing out on some of her pain, yet he was scared of hearing it too.

"You got anything to say to little Wonie?" his father's voice echoed from the other end and Jungwon immediately had to slap a hand over his mouth to stop him from reacting. It felt like he was going to scream and cry at the same time as he got an urge to just go and kill someone.

"M-mm," Jiyeon denied with a desperate hum making Jungwon close his eyes tightly.

Abruptly the sound from the walkie stopped and Jungwon let out a deep breath before holding both hands over his face trying to calm himself down and manipulate his mind to imagine her laying beside him, all cuddled up to his side. 

Never had he imagined that he would experience her like this. He wanted so bad for it to stop and to her just be back by him again.

"Jungwon?" a voice spoke up and Jungwon abruptly sat up to see Sunghoon in the door to his room, a flashlight in his hand shining into the room, "thank God you're awake. We need to discuss something."

Abruptly Sunghoon closed the door before walking over and sitting down by Jungwon. At first Sunghoon just stayed quiet as he looked at Jungwon.

"I know what you did," Sunghoon spoke as Jungwon just stayed silent, "I was going to do the same... I figured you would put the talkie in her bag and we would track her together and go to find her."

"Track... her?" Jungwon frowned as Sunghoon hummed in return.

"You didn't listen to Sunoo... did you?" Sunghoon smiled slightly at the sight of Jungwon's clueless face, "that walkie is connected to hers... if you haven't turned it off, restarted it or whatsoever... we can track her right now. But that also means they can track us."

"They're hurting her hyung..." Jungwon murmured as he looked over at the walkie on the nightstand, "I heard her... she was crying... and screaming... they were hurting her."

Sunghoon's face slowly fell as he looked over at the walkie, when he glanced back at Jungwon he raised both his eyebrows as if to ask if he was serious. Jungwon quietly nodded as to confirm his claim.

"We're gonna go get her, and we're gonna go get her right now," Sunghoon stated as he reached over to grab the walkie from the nightstand, "Sunoo showed me how to do this..."

Jungwon could only watch as Sunghoon pressed various buttons on the walkie before patiently waiting. Sunghoon impatiently tapped his foot on the ground. A small beep from the walkie made a small smile of victory appear on Sunghoon's face.

"They're in Mokpo," Sunghoon stated and glanced over at Jungwon, "the last transmission came from Mokpo."

"How far away?" Jungwon whispered and Sunghoon shrugged.

"About an hour... a half if we speed," Sunghoon grinned, "grab your things Yang Jungwon. We're taking my sister back, and you'll be allowed to give her a kiss... at most."

A small smile spread on Jungwon's face as he almost jumped up from the bed, rushing over and grabbing all of the weapons he could find in the room alone before turning to Sunghoon and nodded.

Together Sunghoon and Jungwon sneaked out of the house and out in the car they had stolen from wherever. Sunghoon started it and quickly drove off before anyone could come out and try to stop them.

"Look at the walkie and guide me will you?" Sunghoon questioned and Jungwon just nodded before gluing his eyes down onto the walkie.

To Jungwon it seemed unbelieveable he would be able to get to Jiyeon so fast. He had feared it could be weeks and maybe even months before he even got to see her again, if his father didn't kill her first.

"Hyung?" Jungwon murmured as Sunghoon simply hummed in return, pressing down on the speeder a slightly, impatient to get to his sister himself, "I'm scared of... I'm scared of seeing her again... what they did to her."

"She'll be fine," Sunghoon insisted as he shook his head, "she has to be. You know that. She's so incredibly strong Jungwon, she'll be fine."

"If he cracks her, she won-" Jungwon started only to get cut off immediately.

"He won't be able to crack her Jungwon," Sunghoon shook his head, "he won't. I won't allow it."

"Hyung, he can," Jungwon insisted, "he can and he will crack her... it's just a question of how long it'll take... we need to get to her before he cracks her, and if he has cracked her I can't see her. I just can't."

"If he has cracked her in any way or whatsoever, you're exactly the person she needs," Sunghoon shook his head, "I'm her brother but you're much more to her than I am. I know that, and that's fine with me as long as you keep her safe."

Jungwon quietly hummed before leaning back in his seat, letting out a deep sigh as he closed his eyes, reminding himself to give Sunghoon directions in a few kilometers. Sure Jungwon wanted to see her again, but he was deadly afraid of what he was gonna see now that he actually was on his way to find her and hopefully bring her back with him.