| 2.22 |

I looked out the window in shock as I recognized the street we drove down, quickly glancing at Sunghoon, who held Soomin tightly in his embrace. My instinct told me they had made up just a bit.

"It's here," Sunghoon pointed out and Heeseung stopped the car, "we'll be back in a moment."

Sunghoon immediately let go of Soomin before turning and looking at me, grabbing my hand softly before walking over and helping me out of the van, in the most painless way possible.

"Hyung?" Jungwon's voice spoke up from the van and we both turned to look at him, "can I join?"

"Not this time," I shook my head before Sunghoon even got a chance to answer, "I think this is a Parks thing."

"Oh... okay," Jungwon quietly nodded before just smiling softly, "be careful."

"We will," Sunghoon immediately nodded before tugging me up to the small white house in front of us.

I quietly followed up to the front door of the house. Sunghoon carefully pulled down the doorhandle and to no surprise it was atcually unlocked, of course, it's not. We didn't lock it when we ran away.

"Woah... it's like we never left," I murmured as my eyes fell on the shoes in the front hall, the small red raincoat that I always used during the fall still hung on the kids' rack.

"Ah remember this?" Sunghoon smiled softly as he tugged at the red raincoat, "I had a yellow one and Jay had a green one... they always called us light signal when we walked to school together."

I quietly let go of his hand before continuing into the kitchen, the only place that looked trashed in the house. I mindlessly wandered past it and slowly fought my way up the stairs of the house. 

"Sunghoon?" I called out and soon heard Sunghoon rush over to me. 

I smiled as I pointed at the picture hanging on the wall. All three of us kids sitting outside on a bench, smiling widely at the camera. Sunghoon let out a small laugh as he pulled the picture down from the wall and just shoved it into his bag.

"Don't tell anyone," he whispered as I just nodded and continued up the stairs.

Upstairs I quickly waled down to my old room. It was just like how I left it, the blue bedsheets, the white desk, my homework from the night before still laid on the desk. I wasn't even sure if I would be able to do that homework anymore. At least there was no need to.

I quietly sat down on my bed before looking around the room. Reaching over to the small bedside table I slid out the drawer and pulled out the small diary I had in there. I clutched it tightly in my hands before opening it and immediately a picture fell out. A small picture of mom, dad, Jay, Sunghoon and I. 

I remember when we took that picture. We got our neighbour to take it shortly before the summer ended that year. The same week wee ran away. We all looked so happy, no bother in the world.

"Bubs... do you wanna go see if mom has something you want to keep?" Sunghoon questioned as he stood in the door to my room.

I quietly looked up at him before shaking my head and extending my diary towards him. He glanced down at it before walking over and shoving it in his bag.

"I uhm... I found a few of Jay's things... I think you can fit in some of his school sweats," he muttered and I just nodded at him, "I thought you would find it nice to have some of his things as well."

"What do you have?" I questioned him quietly and he let out a small laugh before fishing something up from the neck of his shirt.

"Remember the necklaces we used to wore?" he questioned as he pulled up a chain with a small charm on it, "we kept our twin necklaces on everyday after we had to leave you behind. Just to remind ourselves we still were brothers despite us barely speaking with each other for years after that... I have his c harm, so I thought you should have his shirts," he quietly muttered as I realized there actually was two charms on the chain he had fished up.

"I miss him," I whispered quietly as Sunghoon sat down beside me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, bringing me closer to him as he just hummed quietly and turned his face into my hair.

"Me too," he quietly murmured into my hair, "from now on... if I keep you andJungwon from each other you have the right to slap me until I get my senses back. Okay?"

"Why?" I whispered and he just let out a small laugh.

"Jay would hate me if I kept you from him," he remarked and I quietly nodded at him, "as your big brother it is my job to protect you, but I have a hard time accepting you're not the small helpless girl you were all those years ago... from now on I'm gonna be a proper brother."

"Thank you," I murmured as he just softly stroked my hair.

"Now let's get back down to the others again," he smiled softly and I just nodded as I grabbed his hand and pushed myself up from the bed and quietly began walking with him through the house.

I let my fingers graze over surfaces, walls, tables, the banister. Anything that I had to remember. I knew it was gonna be the last time I was in this house, I might as well try and appreciate every part of it before I would erase it from my memory for good.

As we stepped out of the front door again Sunghoon turned around and locked the door, I just stared at the key in his hand with confusion. He must've found it inside the house.

"You want the honor?" he questioned and extended the key to me, "time to say goodbye."

I smiled slightly before grabbing the key in my hand and laid the other up on my shoulder, to keep it in place when I would throw the key. For some reason I was scared of it going out of place, instead of fearing how it would feel in my wounds.

I turned to my left before just swinging the key out into the air and letting it land some random space.

Sunghoon softly patted my back before beginning to walk back down to the van, where Jake just opened the door and waited patiently for us.

"Was it nice?" Jake questioned and Sunghoon just nodded as he stepped into the van and I walked up to Jake, who immediately extended his hand to help me into the van as well.

"Ready to move on?" Heeseung looked over at Sunghoon and I, meanwhile I just glanced up at my older brother, who just pursed his lips and nodded quietly.

"It's best if we continue," Sunghoon stated before sitting down beside Soomin again, letting his bag fall to the ground beside him.

"You need to sit down Yeon," Lin spoke up and I looked over at her, my mind kind of hazy as she extended her hand and pulled me down to sit beside her, "it's about Jay isn't it?" she quietly whispered as I sat beside her.

"Yeah..." I murmured as she just wrapped an arm around my shoulders ad pulled me into her side, squeezeing my shoulder softly.