| 59 |

I quietly trailed after Jungwon into the last room of the top floor in the house. It was seemingly a bedroom, the third on the top floor. Something was telling me it was mainly bedrooms up here and then livingroom, kitchen and so on down on the ground floor.

"It's safe," Jungwon murmured as he closed the doors to the closet in the room, the only place someone could be hiding after I already had checked under the bed.

"Do you think Millie will be alright?" I quietly asked and Jungwon just looked over at me when I slumped down on the bed.

"Why wouldn't she?" Jungwon questioned softly and I just shrugged.

"She's only gotten paler and paler since this morning," I pointed out and he quietly hummed before sitting down beside me and looking at the wall across from the bed.

"She'll be fine... Jake hyung will take care of her, no more is going to die," Jungwon assured as he grabbed my hand tightly and I just nodded before sucking in a deep breath, "you need rest."

"I need what?" I muttered and turned my head to look at him.

"Rest," he pointed out, "you barely slept last night and you've constantly had to think of a new plan on how to get us through this alive. You need proper rest."

"I can't," I muttered and shook my head as I scratched the side of my nose.

"Can't rest or won't rest?" Jungwon smugly smiled making me sigh at him, "just lay down, okay? Just for a bit."

"Will you then lay with me?" I quietly questioned and looked up at him as his eyes softened down at me, "please?"

"Just for a bit," Jungwon nodded at me.

I quietly moved around on the bed before laying my head down on my pillow and tugging my hands under the left side of my head while I laid on my side. Jungwon just smiled at me before carefully moving around and laying down beside me, turning on his side so he looked at me as well.

"Try and close your eyes," he softly continued as I just continued to lay and stare at him, "Jiyeon... close your eyes please."

"I can't," I whispered and he immediately reached over and laid a hand on my waist before beginning to rub his thumb up and down, "I'm too scared to."

"But I'm here, am I not?" he questioned softly as I just hummed at him, "so I'll protect you."

"But who protects you if I fall asleep?" I whispered and he just smiled before giving my waist a small squeeze.

"I'll be fine," Jungwon muttered before carefully reaching up and softly brushing my hair out of my face, "just please rest, you're gonna collapse at this pace. Just close your eyes and trust me."

I quietly looked at him before slowly nodding and carefully closing my eyes. The darkness behind my eyelids immediately overwhelmed me and for a moment I tensed up and was about to panic while trying to keep my eyes closed as Jungwon had asked me to.

"I'm here... I'm here," Jungwon's voice softly spoke up as his hand got a tighter grip on my waist.

But as I didn't calm much more down he carefully wrapped his arm around me and scooped his hand under my waist to pull me closer to him. Soon enough I could smell his scent much stronger. It was a weird mix of dirt, dry blood and a soft smell that I had never recognized he had around him. As weird as it sounds it was a nice and calm scent.

"You smell," I murmured making a small snort escape Jungwon.

"I know," he assured and ran a hand through my hair, "sorry."

"I don't mind," I admitted and he quietly hummed before I felt his lips softly press against my forehead.

"I'm so impressed by you," he stated as he burried his hand in my hair and pressed my head towards his shoulder, "you've... been so quick at decision thinking and... saved us throughout today. You deserve the rest, take it while you can. We can stay here for some time and when supplies run out, we'll continue."

"Heeseung said we had to meet the others down south," I muttered and Jungwon just hummed before rubbing his thumb against my scalp.

I laid in silence and slowly felt each muscle in my body slowly relax again as Jungwon's breathing was so calm and relaxed that it automatically forced my body into syncing up with his. It was so nice and comfortable, a relaxing feeling I don't remember when I last felt it.

"No! Millie! Stop it!" Jake's voice was loud from downstairs and I quickly sat up and looked towards the door out of the room.

"Jake calm down!" Heeseung's voice called out and I immediately looked at Jungwon before I scrambled to get up and rushed out of the room and towards the stairs as Jungwon rushed after me.

I almost jumped over all the steps on the stairs at once as I rushed down on the ground floor and over to where Millie had been laid on the couch.

Jake was crouched right beside Millie's head as she was quietly talking to him as I glanced around the room. Heeseung stood in a stance as if he was ready to rush over and pulled Jake away or help Millie. What intent he had I didn't know. Sunghoon and Soomin stood together side by side, a few Peonies loosely hanging from Soomin's hand.

"Hyung, what is happening?" Jungwon immediately turned to Heeseung who quietly glanced at us.

"She's infected," Heeseung slowly admitted and my eyes immediately glued to Millie as I finally could see a few dark green veins down her right hand.

"Jiyeon can fix this, right Jiyeon?" Jake immediately turned to me and looked at me with desperate eyes, "you can save her, just like you saved us all earlier."

"Jake I-" I slowly started before my words caught in my throat and I couldn't finish my sentence before just shaking my head.

"Of course you can, you've fixed everything until now. Fix her!" Jake exclaimed at me and I immediately took a step back as I shook my head, "Jiyeon! I told you to fix her!"

"I can't jake... nothing can be done," I quietly whispered.

"LIAR!" Jake immediately yelled out and Jungwon extended his arm in front of me, "help her, I beg you."

It was first now that I realized there were tears brimming in Jake's eyes, he really was desperate now that he knew that his time with Millie could be limited any time now. 

It couldn't be long.