| 50 |

"Sorry! Some people were in the way!" Heeseung yelled out as a few other bumps came and I looked to Jungwon with a small laugh.

"What?" Jungwon questioned as a small amused grin spread on his face.

"They were in the way," I muttered before pushing myself up to sit on the floor and looked around at the others in the camper.

Sunghoon was down in the back as Millie helped him adjust some of the pillows he was laying against. He was clearly still in pain, but he looked a lot better than last time I saw him and was visibly complaining to Millie about how he easily could do it himself. Millie just stared at him before chugging a pillow at his face, which only made him smile as Millie rolled her eyes and walked back out to the rest of us.

"Terribly difficult your boyfriend, I am telling you," Millie complained to Soomin who just softly smiled and glanced down towards Sunghoon, who now were rearranging his pillows once more.

"I don't know, right now I find him cute," Soomin shrugged as Jungwon sat up beside me and Soomin dirrected her attention back towards the dagger she was cleaning.

Millie glanced at Soomin in disbelief before slumping down in the seat behind Jake, who had his head leaned back against the window behind the seat he sat in. His eyes were closed but it seemed he immediately recognized Millie's presence, seeing as his arm immediately wrapped around her shoulders and got a tight grip on her shoulder.

Up front Sunoo sat in the seat beside Heeseung, as it seemed Heeseung was calmly speaking with him. Once in a while Sunoo would glance at Heeseung and just nod in agreement as to whatever Heeseung told him. Eventually it seemed that Heeseung finished whatever he was saying as Sunoo just leaned back in his seat and looked out the window.

"Where's Niki?" Soomin spoke up as Niki immediately appeared from somewhere in the camper and sat down beside me.

"Why? You wanna replace your boyfriend for me?" Niki questioned as he wiggled his eyebrows before letting out a small laugh at the disgusted expression Soomin immediately got on her face.

"So where are we going now?" Millie questioned out into the blue, no one actually giving a reply.

Probably it was because none of us knew where specifically we were going. The base surely wasn't safe anymore.

"I agreed with Yeonjun hyung to meet them down south," Heeseung spoke up as we all looked up to the driver's seat where he calmly sat and drove the camper, "he and Beomgyu surely got in a car. I saw Huening jump into it too, but I don't know if Taehyun and Soobin got away from the gates fast enough."

"We'll first see when we reach the place then," Jake sighed as he rubbed both his hands over his face.

"Yang Jungwon!" Sunghoon's voice seemed to cut through the atmosphere like a sharp hot knife as I immediately scrambled to see what was happening and Jungwon did the same right behind me, "the hell am I hearing about you and my sister?"

"I'm a dead man," Jungwon whispered behind me, almost sounding horrified.

"Boy," I quietly corrected, "and to be fair I think he's unable to kill anyone at the moment."

"Well, depends on what you've heard," Jungwon called back to Sunghoon who just waved him down towards him.

"I want a word," Sunghoon calmly stated and I just watched as Jungwon got up on his feet and calmly walked down towards Sunghoon.

Sadly it seemed they were a bit too far away for me to hear what they said over the sound of the engine and the fast wheels on the concrete.

"I think Sunghoon hyung sensed it," Niki commented as Soomin looked down at the two boys talking together further back in the camp.

"About time, we've known for a while now," Soomin shrugged as Millie looked down at them as well while she mindlessly reached her hand over to grab Jake's that laid in his lap, intertwining their fingers with one another immediately.

"Sunghoon won't do much," Jake sighed, "he's overprotective but he saw how Jungwon protected her all the way over the grounds of the base before reaching the camper. His eyes was glued to that window."

"Jake, you know I love you, but you know how Sunghoon is when she isn't around. You really tell me that he will not mind Jungwon and her?" Millie softly reminded as Jake lifted his head and looked at her, finally opening his eyes.

"Sunghoon might be overprotective and worried about his sister, but he most of all want her safe," Jake calmly explained glancing between Millie and Soomin, "right now Sunghoon isn't in a position to protect her, so if that means Jungwon is the best at protecting her right now that means that Sunghoon wouldn't mind and most likely will quietly support whatever they have from the sidelines."

"Wait... how is Sunghoon when I'm not around?" I frowned over at Millie who just glanced at me before looking down towards where Jungwon and Sunghoon was. By now Jungwon had sat down by Sunghoon, so it only was Jungwon's back that was visible to us. Once in a while I could see a small nod of the back of Jungwon's head.

"The days he spent with me after he got shot he seemed very restless," Millie softly replied, "I had to give him some calming medicine once in a while when it got too bad. Most times he would seem very frantic about finding you and would ask us to go make sure you were alright."

"He really is determined to make sure you're safe and alright," Soomin nodded in agreement as I looked to her.

"Jungwon will be alright," Jake assured with a wave of his hand.

I let out a small hum as I pushed my back against a nearby wall and looked down towards Jungwon's broad back. In a way I felt secure that nothing bad would happen, but at the same time I was scared there'll suddenly be a distance between Jungwon and I. 

Letting out a small sigh I let my eyes wander around at each of the people sitting in the camper. We had all made it out. All nine of us. Nine. 

I swear we were ten before.

"Where's Lin?" I frowned.