| 2.4 |

It was quiet in the room as Jungwon's head laid on the bed beside Jiyeon's, still holding softly onto her hand. However one shake on the wrong shoulder and he abruptly woke up with a hiss.

"Sorry, I forgot which shoulder it was," Sunghoon quietly excused as Jungwon just glanced at the older boy, before quickly reaching over and brushing Jiyeon's hair out of her face once again.

"It gives me an excuse to check on her," Jungwon mumbled and Sunghoon quietly watched before pursing his lips.

"You have to go," Sunghoon spoke up and Jungwon slowly turned his head in confusion to look up at the older boy, "you need to rest in a proper place, and not in a chair."

"I need to be with her hyung," Jungwon shook his head before looking back at Jiyeon.

Her lips looked to be so dry and pale that one small movement would immediately crack a bright red line down the middle of it. Her skin was now almost paler than the gauze around her, and the blanket above her didn't exactly seem to be giving her the warmth Jungwon had hoped, by the small shivers she let out once in a while.

"She's cold," Jungwon pointed out and wrapped both his hands around hers, that stuck out from under the blanket, "I have to warm her and be here in case she wakes up."

"I'll get her another blanket," Sunghoon assured, "but you also need to rest... you're injured too you know."

"I know," Jungwon murmured with a small nod, not removing his eyes from the small movements Jiyeon's lips did once in a whiloe.

"You need just as much rest as she does. I promise you she'll still be there in the morning," Sunghoon softly assured, "Soomin agreed to let you use the bedroom next door. Jake arranged your pillows and blanket in there."

"Who's gonna watch after her when I go?" Jungwon quietly questioned.

Sunghoon sighed deeply before pulling another chair over to the bedside, looking over at the pale face of his sister before quietly rubbing his hand over his mouth.

"Is this how she felt when it was me in that situation?" Sunghoon quietly murmured, "all scared and hopeless?"

"If only you knew," Jungwon shook his head quietly, "she was scared to go out and accidentally let you see her face because you said she reminded you of Jay hyung... but I still heard her talk in her sleep, either talking to you or screaming after Jay hyung... she's never slept as quietly as she does now. I think she's too weak."

"I always loved my sister's face," Sunghoon admitted, "she looked like Jay the time after they murdered him, she still does in some cases... but she's so... she looks like Jay and I, but she don't. She's so much her own person, she can't be compared to us by looks. Jay and I have similar smiles, we've always had that, but she... her smile is her own," a small smile spread on Sunghoon's face, "when we were told she died the first time I was scared I never was going to see it again, but I did... after years, and now I'm scared I'll never see it again."

Jungwon didn't give a reply he just continued looking at the pale and peaceful face of Jiyeon, still not wanting to let go of her hand. Once in a while Jungwon would glance at Sunghoon, who just quietly sat and looked at his sister.

"Promise me to love her," Sunghoon mumbled and Jungwon turned his head, confused as to what he just heard. Sunghoon just calmly turned his head to look at Jungwon, "promise me you love her... that's all I need to hear."

"Of course I love her," Jungwon muttered, almost too stunned by Sunghoon's statement to even answer, "how could I not?"

"Don't break her heart, okay?" Sunghoon whispered.

Jungwon stiffened in his spot, quietly recalling the 30 minutes in which he had acted like he was on his father's side in an attempt to kill her. The sadness that had covered the dark hues of Jiyeon's eyes had been unbearable for Jungwon to see that time, how would Sunghoon feel if he knew what Jungwon had done towards her that night?

"I won't..." Jungwon hesitantly replied, for a moment feeling scared that he had made it sound more like question than an answer.

"Thank you," Sunghoon nodded before looking back at his sister, "I'll look after her for you the rest of the night, I think it's important you rest well enough. My sister would kill me when she get the opportunity, if she finds out that I let you stay in here instead of resting well."

"Can I give her a kiss first?" Jungwon slowly turned his head and looked at Sunghoon who just pursed his lips before adamantly nodding.

Quietly Jungwon pressed his lips softly to Jiyeon's cheek, muttering something quietly before he let go of her hand. Sunghoon helped Jungwon stand up again, supporting him in his armpit before both boys began limping towards the bedroom that had been prepared for Jungwon.

"I'll treat her right hyung, I promise," Jungwon quietly spoke as Sunghoon helped Jungwon to sit down on the bed he had been provided.

"I know," Sunghoon assured with a nod, quietly throwing a blanket over Jungwon and turning to grab an extra one for his sister, "it's the only reason I let you stay around her. If I didn't trust you I would've made sure you didn't near her."

A small smile grew on Jungwon's face at the sudden reassurance that Sunghoon really didn't mind him being around Jiyeon, he had often overthought what they talked about in the camper, but now it seemed that Sunghoon actually trust him around his sister.

"Besides, my sister would murder me if I suddenly prohibited you two from seeing each other," Sunghoon pointed out with a small laugh, "she is ver-"

Sunghoon was immediately cut off before his sentence finished and his body immediately stiffended at the sound echoing in the house.

Someone was screaming loudly either from pain or from fear.