| 19 |

I let out a small laugh as I walked beside Niki on my way back to the red house. He had pulled me out to continue training after we had eaten dinner with the others. He had insisted it was very important that he knew how to get good aim. I hadn't blamed him, I mean... it saved me a couples times or a hundred.

"And then Jay hyung-" Niki continued his happy chatting before just bending forward in laughter, making me stop walking to look at him in amusement, "I can't- I can't say it," he gasped in between his laughs, somehow actually getting sentences out past his lips.

"How about we get you back to the house first. So you can get to bed," I let out a small laugh and grabbed onto his shoulders to guide him after me.

"But noona, you should've seen it!" he brightly laughed making me just smile in return.

It had been long since I had heard such a happy and genuine laughter. This boy is really some small mischief maker that always is happy and giggly. I just couldn't help but smile seeing him laugh his head off.

"Come on, I gotta get you back before it's dark. Something tells me Heeseung would scold me if I don't have you back by then," I let out a small laugh and continued to guide Niki with me into the red house.

We were barely even through the door before Niki had broke down laughing again, simply by Jay walking into the room. Jay simply stopped up and look to me before pointing at Niki, to which I only could shrug.

"You don't know..." Jay trailed off and I just shook my head at him.

"You should've seen it noona! There was this one time when Jay hyung had... he had-" Niki continued to try and tell his story through laughter as he gasped for air at the same time.

"Did he find something weird to eat while you two were out?" Jay questioned and I shrugged once more, "you didn't eat anything he gave you, did you?"

"I would not trust Niki to give me anything," I quickly assured as horror laced my voice.

"Thank god, you shouldn't," he quickly pointed out as he calmly walked over and slung an arm around my shoulders, "so this boy..." he trailed off as if I was supposed to be able to answer whatever was happening to Niki.

"He's been like this ever since dinner!" I defended making Jay just look weirdly at Niki before glancing down at me with a small laugh escaping his lips.

"You've suffered long enough cutie," he stated and ruffled my hair before dropping his arm from my shoulders, "I'll get him up to bed," Jay excused and I happily nodded, making him slowly move over and wrap an arm around Niki's shoulders before guiding him up to the hallway with the rooms.

I, on the other hand, patiently waited downstairs until I could hear Niki's laughter stop somewhere up on the upper floor. It was first then that I even dared to move up on the room hallway and walk down to Jungwon's room, where I had my bed.

"That kid I swear," I muttered as I opened the door and immediately stopped in my tracks at the sound of a duvet shuffling about.

Looking over Jungwon was quietly laying in his bed, making me quietly close the door behind me. I suspected he was sleeping, but I felt like just checking to be sure anyways. So I carefully moved over and looked down at his face, which was quite hard considering he was facing the wall instead of the rest of the room, and because it was fairly dark in the room. Once I saw his eyes were closed and he didn't move when I stood beside him I declared that he was asleep.

"Sleep well Jungwon-ssi," I muttered before walking over to my own bed and quickly changing out of some of the heavier clothes I was wearing, leaving me in one of the oversized t-shirts I had stolen from a men's wear department in a convenience store ages ago. 

I quietly sat down on my bed and threw my duvet over my legs before abruptly stopping all my movements when I heard Jungwon shuffling around and he turned to face me, still with his eyes closed.

"I lov-" the small mutter I was sure I heard come from Jungwon was abruptly interrupted when I was convinced I didn't see his lips move. Ain't no way he was saying anything.

"I must be hearing things," I whispered.

But just to be sure I continued to sit still and look at Jungwon's sleeping face, searching for whether or not his lips moved again or even listening to any small mutter that might come again.

"Sleep Jiyeon... you need sleep," I muttered to myself and softly slapped my cheek before reaching over and turning off the light and getting back under my duvet, trying to fall asleep while convincing myself that I had not heard Jungwon say anything to me or even mutter anything in his sleep.