| 43 |

I let out a small sigh at the sight of the tall fence in front of us as the car stopped. The sun was slowly going down, but it surely wasn't dark yet. Jungwon quietly turned off the car and the light on the fence immediately disappeared, making it harder to look over onto the other side of it.

"Let's go out and check for any ways through the fence," Jungwon offered and I quietly followed suit and got out of the car as well before walking up towards the fence and looking at it with a tired expression.

I quietly looked to Jungwon, who also stood by the fence and looked through it and over at the landscape on the other side before he looked over at me. As if on cue a zombie appeared right beside him and I quickly rushed over and pulled him away from the fence.

"What in the world-" Jungwon interrupted himself out of pure confusion, "are you alright?"

"There was a zombie," I whispered and he frowned down at me before looking at the fence.

"There's nothing Ji," he pointed out before reaching down and grabbing onto my hand, "are you sure you're alright? Maybe Millie noona should take a look at you when we get back home."

"I swear there was one," I insisted and he simply frowned down at me before his head snapped to look away, "what?"

"Hide," he whispered and pushed me down behind the car as he held a hand over my mouth while I just frowned at him and tapped his wrist eagerly, "someone else is here, I need you to be silent."

"You're right someone is here," a woman's voice rung out and my eyes widened at Jungwon. I knew that voice.

"We're in this together, okay?" Jungwon whispered and I nodded before he removed his hand from my mouth and immediately cupped my face and pressed his lips to mine.

It was a kiss of assurance, telling me everything was gonna be fine even without words. I slowly leaned into his touch before he pulled away and sternly looked at me.

"Hold my hand and don't let go," he whispered and I nodded before grabbing his hand tightly a small smile spreading on both our faces.

"Very endearing now come out before we get our troops to shoot you," the woman's voice boomed out again and Jungwon quickly stood up and pulled me up beside him.

"I know that voice," I whispered to Jungwon making his eyes widden at me as I pulled him over on the other side of the car to stand face to face with a woman and two weaponized men on each side of her a small squeeze immediately coming from Jungwon and to my hand.

"Well... well... well..." the woman smiled at us, "if it isn't Park Jiyeon."

"Do you know her?" Jungwon whispered and I quietly nodded my head at him.

"How do you know I'm her?" I questioned making the woman just let out a small laugh before stepping a bit closer.

"Born in Masan, March 28, 2004... Moved to Mokpo in 2008 and lived in the same house since..." the woman listed as I just stared at her.

"How do you know I am her?" I repeated once more.

"Don't you remember?" she questioned and cocked her head to the side, making me just frown at her. Did I remember what?

"I don't know what you mean," I stated and she just continued to give me a bitter smile, "of course..." I quietly muttered.

"What?" Jungwon questioned in confusion as he looked down at me.

"We need to get away," I whispered as he just stared down at me in confusion, "you know who they are."

"A pity that Jay had to go," she commented as I looked back to her with a small glare, "shame you were actually alive... we had hoped we managed to kill you all back then. Imagine if Sunghoon suddenly was all alone... or... is he dying in this moment. He didn't look too good last time, did he?"

"Stop it," I hissed as Jungwon just kept a tight grip on my hand.

"Oh why would I?" the woman let out a small laugh, "why my little sugarcube we're just disappointed in ourselves that we couldn't kill you earlier," she pointed out and waved me forward. I slowly took a step forward and Jungwon immediately followed, "the boy stays back."

"I-" Jungwon started and I immediately shook my head.

"Step back," I whispered and he frowned at me, "I got this, okay... just listen closely to what I say."

"Ji-" he started making me just shake my head and slip my hand out of his, "okay..."

I stood still as I could hear Jungwon step back from me once again while the woman simply stepped closer and snapped her fingers before pointing to Jungwon. The man to her right immediately pointed his gun towards Jungwon making my breath hitch.

"I can't believe we didn't realize sooner. Han Shnihye was never you... you were Park Jiyeon all along," the woman commented as she stepped closer to me and squinted her eyes, "we tried to kill you once, why shouldn't we do it again?"

"Because you won't ever kill me," I simply replied and she snorted at me, "and I would be of much better help in the Alliance than I would dead."

"Is that so?" she questioned in amusement and I nodded at her, "can you prove it?"

"I'm standing here, all alive, am I not?" I questioned and she just smiled widely at me.

"Indeed you do," she happily stated.

"So why kill me?" I questioned her.

"To get him down" she bitterly smiled and nodded her head to where Jungwon was standing.

"And why would you want to do that? Some grudge you've held against a kid and teenager for years?" I commented in amusement and she immediately got a pissed expression on her face.

"His life and why we want to make it miserable is none of your business," the woman stated and I simply shrugged.

"So why not let us go?" I questioned making the woman sickly smile at me, "we just want to survive, is there anything wrong in that?"

"We need you either dead or tortured of course," she replied, "and if you're really as good as you seem to be claiming, we'll need you for future use."

"So why not let him go?" I questioned and she sucked in a deep breath.

"We don't have any need for him," she pointed out, "once he's suffered enough we'll kill him."

"I'll stay as long as he can go unharmed," I stated and nodded my head over towards Jungwon.

"Ji-" he started and I immediately snapped my fingers at him, making him go silent.

"He goes unharmed and I stay. You can use me to draw Sunghoon up here as well," I stated, "or to make him miserable," I stated and gestured to Jungwon.

The woman got a satisfied smile on her face as she pointed her chin slightly upwards as she inspected me. Clearly calculating my offer in her head