| 2.15 |

"And you're sure it's not hurting?" Jungwon questioned as he held tightly onto my hips.

"Only sore," I smiled with a nod as he just glanced at me.

The side of his face was brightly lit by the sun slowly rising further out in the horizon. Everyone in the van had woken up with the sun and Jungwon had offered for us to go out and try my walking and balance while Soomin and Jake would get some breakfast ready for us.

"Are you sure?" Jungwon breathed out.

"Are you regretting your request?" I questioned in amusement and he just sighed at me, "so how about you trust that what I am telling you is true and we attempt this?" I softly patted his hands that just held onto my hips, as if I was gonna fall.

"Okay... okay..." he let out a small sigh before glancing up at me and I softly grabbed onto his elbows, "I'm just slowly gonna let go of you then."

"Yeah you are," I hummed as he slowly loosened his grip.

I let out a small laugh as he glanced up at me with worry written in his eyes before he slowly let go of me and grabbed onto my elbows as well. He quickly quirked his eyebrows at me.

"I'm fine," I assured him with a small laugh, "try and let go of me."

"Ain't no way in hell," he shook his head and I pursed my lips.

"He is not gonna let go of you, forget it," Sunghoon called out and I looked over my shoulder, seeing my brother lean against the side of the van as he just stood and watched us, "I'll let you walk without help when the stitches are out."

"Which they will be by tonight!" Soomin called out as she passed by us with something in her hands, walking towards where Jake had started a fire.

"Really?" I turned my head to look at her with a wide grin as she just hummed at me.

"We still gotta wrap you up, just like we did with Jungwon," Soomin reminded, "but I'll remove them when we stop for lunch."

"That's great, isn't it?" I turned to look at Jungwon with a wide grin as he just softly nodded at me, "can you believe it?"

"It's wonderful," he assured and gave my elbows a small squeeze, "now... let's try and take a step, okay?"

I let out a small laugh before carefully lifting my foot a bit off the ground and moving it a bit forward before stepping it down. It wasn't like I could take normal steps, they were incredibly small but hey... I managed to move closer to Jungwon, who happily smiled down at my feet as I walked up and planted a small kiss on his cheek.

"Wait, that wasn't part of the agreement," he complained at me and I just shrugged at him.

"Like I give a care," I commented as he just looked at me in disbelief, "I told you I would give you a kiss on the lips when I could walk by myself, I said nothing about the kisses on the cheeks."

"Unbelieveable," Jungwon complained and I let out a small laugh as a small smile spread on his face.

"Alright love doves! Breakfast in the van!" Jake yelled out as he ran past us with Soomin behind him, both carrying small boxes in which our breakfasts were.

"I wanna walk to the van," I looked over at Jungwon, who clearly hesitated before just nodding.

Jungwon helped me walk around in a big circle to direct me back towards the van as he walked backwards to guide me into the van. A small smile spread on Jungwon's face as he stepped into the van and seemed to realize that I had actually managed to walk so far.

"I can't step that high," I let out a small laugh as I stood outside the van.

"I got you," Jungwon assured and slowly reached out to lift me up into the van, a hiss leaving him as he did so.

"Yeah, well, don't get me if you're gonna hurt yourself," I complained to him, as he just let out a small laugh.

Jungwon helped me back to the back of the van and sat me down so I leaned against the wall with my shoulder before he got over and grabbed our breakfast from Jake and rushing back with it to me.

"So someone got rapidly better since last night," Heeseung commented and I just happily hummed as Jungwon began helping me eat, practically by having to feed me since my arm was still unable to move high enough and put food in my mouth.

"One for you," Jungwon quietly spoke as some egg was placed in my mouth, "and one for me," he reminded himself before taking a bite.

"You know... sometimes I forget that we're still kids," I spoke and he glanced up at him, "we're always on the verge of dying, but we're still only 17..."

"Niki was 15 when he died... he didn't get to his 16th birthday," Jungwon murmured and I hummed as I just looked at him, "we used to have a calendar back at the base, where we wrote all the birthdays in and kept track of time... I don't know what date it is anymore... it's been too long since I last looked at a calendar."

"The car says September 7th," Heeseung spoke up and a small laugh escaped Jungwon, "Tuesday."

"Well... seems like it's Tuesday then," Jungwon let out a small laugh.

"What a fine fine Tuesday," I commented before he let out another chuckle and extended a piece of carrot towards me.

"I don't wanna be the drag guys, but we really need to find some more food soon," Soomin spoke up and it went silent once again, "I know we need to go and meet the others soon as possible, but as off now we don't stand a chance if we don't have food."

"The next time we pass a gas station we'll explore some more," Heeseung assured with a hum, "see if we can find any food."

"Or just by the next house," Sunghoon spoke up, "they might have what we need to make agriculture again in the future and if we're lucky we can find some canned foods as well."

I glanced up at Jungwon, who just looked around in the van before picking up some sort of meat for me and extending it towards me a small smile tugging at his lips as he did so.