| 38 |

I let out a small grunt as I threw my bag into the backseat of the car while Jungwon did the same on the other side of the car.

"Are you sure you don't want to say goodbye to Sunghoon hyung before we drive off?" Jungwon questioned and I just quietly nodded at him.

"It's better if he don't see me right now," I spoke making Jungwon just give me a look that told me he wasn't happy with my decission.

"Okay then," he sighed and opened the door to the driver's seat, "then let's go."

I quietly got into the passenger's seat and buckled my seatbelt as Jungwon started the car and slowly drove up to the gates.

"And you're sure you don't wanna go to Sunghoon hyung?" he questioned and I quietly nodded as I watched Taehyun and Soobin open the gates for us.

"I told Soomin and Millie to tell him where I had gone and that I would be fine," I hummed as I watched the gates pass by us, before I directed my attention to the rearview mirror, in which I could see the gates close behind us.

"I'm just saying that-" Jungwon started and I looked over at him making him immediately go silent, "you already know... right I forgot."

"Been telling me the same for the past hour or so," I hummed at him with a small nod, "I know I'll regret it, but if it makes it easier for him then that's fine."

"So the plan is we drive to the nearest abandoned city and then we'll sleep, in the morning we'll scavenge the various stores in the city. We can't reach the northern border in just one day, so we'll have to sleep at least once," Jungwon explained and I quietly nodded at him.

The drive to the nearest city only lasted six hours before Jungwon just parked in a parking lot, even though I had insisted we could park wherever. When I had pointed that out to him he simply shook his head at me while he crawled over onto the backseat.

"If we park wherever the car will seem suspicious, if we park it among other cars in a parking lot it looks just as abandoned as any other car here, thus keeping us safe from any possible insane or enraged human beings," Jungwon reminded before a small proud smile spread on his face.

"Well aren't you a little smarty pants," I mumbled before leaning my head back against the headrest and looking out at the dark city streets a few dead people passing by here and there, not even minding that there sat two living people so close to them.

You know... fresh and delicious meat or whatever made them want to chase us.

"Aren't you gonna sleep?" Jungwon questioned as he bunched his bag up behind his head while he leaned against the door on the backseat.

"I don't know," I shrugged before glancing over at him as he pulled his knees up and planted his feet on the backseat as well, his head turning to look at me.

"Come on," he muttered and spread his arm open before dropping one leg down to rest his foot against the floor of the car, "we can be two on the backseat if you lay on your back... and we lay extremely close."

"Jungwon you wouldn't be able to sleep," I reminded him as I shook my head at him.

"Yeah I can," he nodded making me frown at him, "you think your nightmares will do anything?"

"Yeah, you said they interrupted your sleep," I pointed out and he simply hummed before waving his wrists at me.

"Eh I felt like being petty that day," he shrugged, "I found out you calm down if I run my hands through your hair."

"Jay used to do that when I was younger and couldn't sleep," I nodded at him before realization hit me, "have you... did you sit and touch my hair when I was sleeping?"

"Who cares?" he commented, "I wanted proper sleep okay? And your whimpers and such didn't make it easy from day one."

"You've had a soft side for me all along," I let out a small laugh of disbelief as he just rolled his eyes and waved his wrists once again.

"Shut up and get into my embrace," he complained making a small smile spread on my face.

I carefully unbuckled my seatbelt and crawled over the backs of the front seats before carefully settling myself between his legs and leaning my back against his torso. Jungwon let out a small sigh before wrapping his arms around me and placing his hands on my stomach.

"Tell me if I have to move my hands," he reminded and I just hummed, "I don't?"

"No it's fine," I assured and shook my head lightly as I let my head lean back against his shoulder.

"Are you sure? Because I don't want you to feel uncomfortable. Especially consideri-" Jungwon began ramblig and I let out a small laugh that cut him off.

"It's fine Jungwon," I softly assured and he let out a small huff at me.

"You know... I told you I would sort that thing out about us kissing," Jungwon slowly spoke and I felt something weird in my chest as he said it while I just nodded, "and I know it's such a stupid thing to say in the world we're in, because you know... it's not exactly like I have much competition."

"Well..." I trailed off making him just give my stomach a small slap as I let out a small laugh, "sorry. Please continue."

"Anyways... I don't want to do the whole boyfriend girlfriend question," Jungwon sighed and began drumming his fingers on the back of his other hand, "because honestly it just seems stupid to do that in this world right now," he admitted and I let out a small laugh of agreement, "but I just want something established you know? Like... I can come up and steal a kiss without it being weird... and we don't go around and do something that technically could be considered cheating, but actually isn't because we're not boyfriend girlfriend. I want something established. Like... can I just go around and kiss you already, without it being weird?"

I stayed silent for a bit before Jungwon gave my waist a small squeeze and I immediately sucked in a deep breath before patting his hands softly.

"Jungwon... I'd love to..." I stated before slowly trailing off.

"But," he breathed out immediately catching on to what my answer had been.

"I need to tell you about the nightmares first," I stated and he hummed.

"So... tell me, you said you were ready to tell me about them," he stated and I just nodded before looking towards my hands that immediately began fiddling.

"I know but-" I muttered as I saw Jungwon lift one of his hands and force his hand in between my hands to lace my fingers with his.

"It's just me..." Jungwon whispered, "you can trust me I promise. Won't you just tell me?"

"I..." I paused with hesitation before just closing my eyes tightly and nodding, "okay, I will."