Chapter 15

Stefani's POV

I'd rather smoke a black and mild than deal with anymore of this.

"I think little miss cranky could use a snack," Rachel teased as we wandered around the plaza looking at venues.... With Lillian....

"Go die alone under a bridge would you- actually jump off, I'm sure the current would push your body under the bridge you'd die the same way" I raised a brow at the blonde haired girl I claim as my friend.

"Now Stefani-

"Saved by the bell," I quickly pulled my phone.

I'm happy it cut Lillian off from whatever mom quote she was about to say from her one month free trial of her user guide on how to be a stepmom.

"Stefani Edwards?"

"who's calling?" I stepped to the side, away from the soul mates.

"We have an opening for your launch date in the range of later this week, would you like to book it?" A female marketer caught my ears.

"Yes,"My eyes genuinely lit up for once today.

"Can I get a location of venue and rental estimate? I cupped the speaker so I could hear better.

"How does plaza on grande avenue sound?" She informed me.

"The one off on 300?! That grande avenue?" I completely forgot about this request.

"Yes ma'am, would you like to book the opening spot Saturday afternoon?"

"Brunch. It has to be brunch!" I affirmed.

"See you then, we'll be in touch," the woman hung up the phone and I received a pdf attachment to my email with the event details I planned.

"What was that about?" Rachel was genuinely confused. Airhead.

"Are you planning a party?" Lillian asked a typical mom question.

"It's my launch date for my beauty care! I'm starting out with lashes and now I'm expanding out to more self care products. I have a list of things! I have to get ready! They moved up my launch date because of an opening here at the plaza this weekend. Ta ta," I pretty much sang as I waved goodbye and a car pulls up.

"Where do you think you're going? Who's that?" Lillian became concerned.

"Home; I have a business to launch into succession, a social platform to inform, a vlog to upload and preparations to make. Oh- this is my Uber. You two have fun!" I waved through the window and shooed the driver to head off.

Dad is gonna be proud of me. I'm gonna follow his footsteps but this time do it better than ever- I won't neglect anyone.

"Huh- oh," I saw my phone ring and it was Rachel.

"If anything you should be thanking me. You have all the alone time you could possibly have with Lillian. And she has to drop you off at home," I checked my nails.

"Yeah- well, not when she's caught up and worried about you," she explained.

She's-

I-

what?

"Come again?" I sat straight forward.

"Yeah, she's taking me home saying that she should check up on you," Rachel kind of sounded bummed out.

"What, butt hurt that she isn't into you?" I giggled mischievously.

"Well, just a little bit," Rachel confessed and I sighed happily and continued to laugh.

"Tell me about it later, I'm home and go check on your boyfriend or whatever his name is," I hung up and took a deep breath of fresh air.

"His name is Winfrey!" Rachel yelled outloud.

"Sounds like a loser anyways," I laughed and made my way back home.

<><><>

Oof this is such a teaser😭

I could speed up the process of this book and have them instantly fall for eachother in one fatal chapter but I don't think any of you would prefer that, I'll see if I can update later tonight or tomorrow when I clock out!