Chapter 41

Stefani's POV

"I HATE COLLEGE," I groaned as I got up this morning. Rachel still didn't respond.

"Ughhhh," I groaned and chucked a throw pillow at her face when I toppled into her bedroom and she woke up just as grouchy.

"I'm up, I'm up," she whined.

"Why didn't we plan this sooner? We're still jet lagged and the entry exams were NOT easy," I sat beside her and she rested her head on my shoulder.

"I don't know Stef, I'm so tired- maybe we'll just miss today and tomorrow. We have the syllabi for our schedules. We can just refer to those that way if we miss anything, we can make it up and still be keeping up with the class," she reasoned with her sleepy voice.

Sleeping in sounds so... perfect.

"I don't know Rachel. It's the first day on campus and we literally got accepted the other day. You don't think we'd look bad for missing the first two days?" I groaned.

"It's two days, we'll be fine," she lied back down and she quickly fell back asleep.

Well I can't sleep.

I showered and threw on my oversized crew neck sweatshirt with the Berkeley school logo on it, Track shorts and a pair of white air forces..

I thought maybe a little morning drive and a latte while I walk around campus might help me wake up, but honestly I just got more pissed off that I had to talk to the cashier and tell her how to fix my lattes for damn near fifteen minutes...

"Uhhh you said almond milk or oat milk?" She looked nervous.

Probably because I look like I'm ready to murder someone.

"Oat, with white chocolate- you know what just give me a black americano," I gave up trying to tell her my order.

"Wait- I almost had it. Oat milk and vanilla latte with a white chocolate drizzle. Sweet foam and shaved white chocolate bark with cinnamon and Uh-... fuck..." she gave up on the last part.

"Nutmeg... it's alright. Just a medium black americano to keep it simple," I did my best to be understanding and reasonable.

"Nope, I already rung it up," she remained confident.

"Hmmmmm," I looked at her carefully.

"Look, if I fuck it up, you have every right to throw your drink at me," she assured me.

"Why the hell would I do a cruel thing like that? We all make mistakes, I don't think I'd want to do something like that even if it was offered," I was entirely confused by her choice of assurance.

"I- name for the order?" She changed the subject.

"Stefani," I said plainly.

"That's a really pretty name..." she mumbled as she wrote my name on a cup.

"I'll call your order when it's ready," she smiled at me.

"Uh- I didn't pay?" Ive never been so fucking confused and entry exams really made me feel stupid in general, this is just not helping.

"Uh- whoops," she typed around the registers and open and shut the drawer and the receipt printed out.

"That's so weird," she looked at me sarcastically shocked and I couldn't help but laugh.

"I'll pay, no problem. I don't want you in trouble," I pulled out my wallet and she waved me off.

"It's on the house along with the future orders," she smiled softly..