Chapter 38

Lillian's POV

It was nice waking up in Kent's arms as we both slept in.

I'm still rattled with Stefani taking off the way she did. I still pinch myself to fight back tears, I feel so fucking bad.

"Goodmorning," Kent stretched and reached over to kiss my head.

"Want me to go get breakfast? There's that one restaurant I remember us going to for brunch. I can go there," he started grabbing some jeans and crisp white shirt.

"I'd like that... a lot actually," I got up wrapped in a blanket and walked over to kiss his lips.

"No no, go back to lying down in bed. You've catered to Stefani long enough, let me cater to you," he lifted me up and I laughed overwhelmed with excitement and he laid me down in a shower of kisses.

"This is the quality time I was talking about," I whispered in his ear.

"Breakfast in bed when I come back?" His eyes met mine.

"We can do so much more than that," I kissed his nose and he pecked my lower chin before putting on his shoes and headed out.

After all the events that have taken place this is one event- waking up late in the morning with Kent and he's- just his charming self.

"Oh Uh- Mary! I didn't expect to see you here," I hear Kent greet someone and I quickly wrapped up in a robe and entered the living room.

I saw a strawberry blonde woman with freckles and blue eyes.. she was pretty, I won't deny that.

"Uh- honey, this is Mary my assistant. She's... I'm sorry, what exactly are you doing here? You're suppose to be tending to VP's request while I'm off," he became concerned just as he was confused when he realized that her coming unannounced had to be the most unfamiliar thing.

"I- I have to feed Stefani's fish.. she kind of gave me no choice," she mumbled off. Hearing Stefani's name made my heart skip with fear and guilt..

"Oh- I didn't even know she had pet fish.. well, I'm out to get breakfast. You two try not to drink all the wine," he left making the both of us laugh.

"You're really beautiful," she was nervous to be in my presence.

"Same to you. Mary correct?" I stuck my hand out and she shook it eagerly.

"Yes, Stefani's a handful I bet," she nervously laughed and I forced a pleasant smile.

"Yes, she can be at times but she has her mo-

I was cut short with unexpected knocking.

"Oh no miss, I'll get it, you're the boss's wife. Let me," Mary jumped to the door and opened it.

I saw the white in her eyes as she was overwhelmed with fear with such power and authority. I don't know anybody who can just have that affect with their presence.. only-

"It'll only take you second since you're here," her calm and soothing voice sent me chills.

I felt goosebumps forming on my entire body and light sweat taking place.

"How can I help?" Mary made herself available.

I didn't hear anything else except when Stefani stepped indoors and her eyes scanned the entrance.

She didn't even look in my direction..

Mary's heels clicked as she came back from Stefani's hallway with a small booklet.

"Your passport- enjoy your trip! Uh- how long will you be needing me to care for your fish?" she handed it off and I felt a pit blast through me.

I stared at the floor with tears welling.

"Sometime next year, that won't be a problem- will it?" Stefani's tone slightly warned and my head was jumbled with so many thoughts.

I want to say something, I want her to stay. I didn't mean any of this.

"N-no ma'am, where's the vacation taking place?" Mary showed interest, making Stefani stay.

"Please, I'm a multi-billionaire heir to a trillion daughter business enterprise. What makes you think I have off days?" Stefani scoffed before strutting off.

I couldn't even get a look at her face- I felt too guilty to even look at her. I'm the cause of this-

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have to go take of her fish and I'll be out of your hairs for the rest of the day," Mary excuses herself.

"O-okay," I'm at a loss of words and I got to the living room window to see Rachel standing out of Stefani's car excited that the passport has been obtained.

"Ew Rachel, don't hug me in public!" Stefani roared and Rachel laughed carefreely.

My face was streaming with tears and I rushed to the bedroom to quickly get myself together. I don't even know where Stefani is going and the fact she won't be coming back until next year... that's so many months down the road.