Chapter 33

Lillian's POV

I slept in, I know for a fact that I did, but the bed is more comfortable than I remembered...

Bed?!

I slept on the couch, I know for fact I did and-

I finally opened my eyes and I was in a room where the sun light hit the window admirably as they brought out the plain pastel yellow and sage green from the walls. The plants in here looked so calm and the soft stream of water from the distance. The ceiling fan was a rustic brown that matched the oak floor boards in here and watching it spin calmed me down..

I'm in Stefani's bed.

Oh my god.

I sat straight up to see the very fish tank streaming with water in the corner of her room.

I'm not suppose to be in here.

But how did I-

She wouldn't.

Maybe Kent, he's been a dick lately but I'm sure he wouldn't leave me on the couch before he left for work. I find it more believable that he made Stefani let me sleep in here and he's the one that carried me here. Her bedroom is a lot closer to the couch.

I let my final judgement on my whereabouts settle in as I lay back down in the bed... it's so soft.

Softer than the bed me and Kent share and the fluffy pillows mixed with the silk ones really make it difficult to want to get out of bed.

I turn to my side just to indulge a little bit longer knowing that at any moment, Stefani would come in to kick me out knowing that I'm awake now.

The view of the city is pretty from this angle; the skies were a deep baby blue with a few white swirls and a golden sun.. I can understand why Stefani hardly leaves her room. It's so captivating and soothing in here.

"That's enough indulging," I felt my stomach growled and I was just about to get out of bed when I saw a silver platter with a top over it laid out at the very corner of Stefani's king sized bed that had a folded note, silverware and an ice bucket with chilled champagne in it.

Morning.. If the toast is not so toasty, blame yourself for sleeping in.
                                                                 - Stef

"At least I know it's her.." I softly sighed and reach to curiously open the lid and my eyes were in awe of a two whole grain slices of toast; one had peanut butter, banana slices and carefully minced dark chocolate and honey drizzle, while the other slice of toast had avacado spread, a sunny side up and smoked salmon with sesame seeds and black pepper..

I don't even know which one to eat first and they smell amazing.

I happily enjoyed my breakfast and my ears caught laughter from not afar.

Stefani hardly laughs- the most considerable laugh I can imagine from her is a scoff, so who's here?

"Stef, I think you're overdoing the presentation," the strangely familiar voice advised.

"Rachel-

Ah, Makes sense.

"For the last time, it's a business meeting requiring a pitch and I'm trying to talk business. My brand is steadily increasing and who wouldn't want to invest into a promising brand?" Stefani's voice was monotoned but I could sense she's probably looking at Rachel like an idiot.

"Do you even need to go to college?" Rachel sasses back with a laugh.

"Shut up before you wake her," Stefani said with a tired sigh.