68

Lillian's POV

I couldn't help myself but chuckle as I really take in Stefani's home.

"What's so funny?" She frowns as there was nothing but silence after she asked me how was thanksgiving planning considering it's literally going to unfold tomorrow evening.

"Nothing- it's just... I couldn't expect your home to be any other way," I smiled as she hands me a glass of cucumber water.

"If you're making fun of my luxurious brooding by all means, I could've easily decided to put pickle slices in your drink," she almost snarled and I giggled.

"No, I like your dark luxurious brooding," I explained myself.

"Well it's my home so indulge on informing me why you'd be so fond of it," she rests her head into her palm as she leans over the countertop attentively.

"Well since you asked so politely," I sat the drink down to twirl around the corner of the counter to be next to her.

"Mhmmmm," Stefani remains attentive as she shifts her stance to look to the side with a raised brow and a small smirk in her green eyes..

I don't think I could ever bring myself to reality every time I look into her eyes.

"I can bring the light in this- very dark home of yours you know," I came from behind and rested my chin onto her shoulder as I placed a hand over hers.

"Please, that's what the windows are for," she scoffed lightly and I found myself smiling knowing I humor her more and more as the days go by whenever we spend more time together.

"What's my role then?" I became curious.

"Well, if this doesn't go to shit, I suppose you can be the light in my spectrum. I was never really driven- nor had a prime desire that burned enough for me to act on it. I usually get what I want pretty easily but...." Stefani dies down as she stares hard into the detailing of the stone counter tops.

It's almost as if the rest of whatever it was she was about to say was etched onto the material.

"But?" I cupped the side of her face and I hitched a breath as her eyes acknowledged my existence once more.

"You're what I want the most and I can't have you to myself with just a snap of my finger. I feel rather under pressure with the challenge I'm facing at large, but I don't feel discouraged. My ego is telling me that the bliss of being triumphant in this- I guess you can call it hardship- would be worth it in the end," she was serious- almost disappointed that she even bothered putting me through the trouble.

"I still think I should apologize for the trouble I'm causing you and what I'm about to cause," she sighs breaking away from my touch but turn her chin and held it by my thumb.

"If anything, I'm sorry I manifested this," I finally came to terms and admitted it.

"I do recall you checking me out when I came out the shower the first morning we had," she justified the situation.

"So much for heart to heart," I laughed but she reels me back in.

"Don't mind me," she softly smiles as she tucks a lock of my hair behind my ear as her other hand comfortably rests gripping my hip.

"And what exactly are you doing?" I felt myself getting hot in my skin.

"Admiring how the soft lighting from the afternoon sun makes your skin glow effortlessly. It also makes your skin radiant... don't even get me started on those blue eyes," Stefani's lips slightly curled upwards and I shy away from her words.

"I know you don't want to hear this but not even Kent can top the way you make me feel," I stared at the kitchen floor trying to reflect on how we ended up here. She didn't even like me at first- in fact, she tried to get rid of me..

Stefani lifts my chin.

"Correction, I don't want to hear it out of habit. But it is entertaining you're comparing a man to me in something that he's not qualified to even compete in, he's a man," she hummed into my neck planting a careful kiss that made my breath shudder into her ears.

I could feel her lips curl into a smile as she kisses me again in that same spot. One more intoxicating than the last as I was clenching onto her shirt. I was feeling weak in my knees- I couldn't help but let a soft moan slip out and her hands slowly started cascading up and down my sides.

"What were we talking about?" Stefani hums away as she trails kisses up to my lips.

"I forgot," I trembled at her affection.

"Not to kill the foreplay, but I did too actually," she scoffed and I started giggling.

"We can always change the subject," I merely suggested and I gasped as I was lifted and placed on top of the kitchen counter.

"Gladly; tell me, what dress will I have to restrain my eyes from longing you tomorrow?" she aggressively tugged me closer and I gasped again at how sudden I could feel her warmth against me.

"Stefani..." I cupped her face getting lost in the air.

"Tell me, What jewelry will you be bearing your skin in due to the absence of my touch, surely no diamond could make your skin glow- not even the one I'm paying for on your hand?" she grunted and nipped the lobe of my ear making me hitch a breath.

"Stefani..." I almost whimpered.

"Tell me, What perfume will your aura be cloaked in and I won't have the luxury of being intoxicated by being in your presence long enough?" her words sent an unbearable chill down my back.

"Stefani, please," I practically begged as I'm fighting to keep myself at bay.

"Tell me... who are you going home with tomorrow knowing we can't be seen together," she whispered and I couldn't hold back.

"I've had enough," I pushed her off of me and hopped off the counter.

She keeps getting to me- only because I let her- I want her...

"Did you now?" She looks down at me sharing a knowing look with me anticipating what I'll do.

I didn't pay no mind, none at all. My fingers laced the back of her neck as I cupped her face and no other set of lips have been placed more perfectly than hers.

"I haven't told anyone, but I'll be wearing a blue dress tomorrow. I will be covered in silver and diamond from head to toe as each stride I take leaves behind the scent of Yellow Diamond by Versace- and for the record, I can go home with him tomorrow night but be at you door step with my love tomorrow," I finally found the will to pull away and bit my lip.

Stefani softly chuckled with a mischievous expression on her face as her eyes glistened, "I'm guessing this will remain just between us then?" She arches a brow as I watched her eyes searched me trying to imagine what I'd look like tomorrow night..

A phone chimes and she shakes her head with a small smile as she shakes her head, "I will see you tomorrow Lillian," she kisses my cheek.

AN: MERRY CHRISTMAS AND ALL THE OTHER HOLIDAYS THAT ARE CURRENTLY GOING ONNNN🥺

You guys have been so good to me words cannot describe, I wanted to give you guys a meaningful update of our two lovelies💗 I honestly feel like the story is just now taking off but it is a slow burn after all so it'll be a fun ride- I hope😭😭