85

Stefani's pov

"I'm on my way," i grunted as I hung up the phone with my dad- jeez he's such a buzzkill.

So much for lying low in this Camaro, I actually want a Tesla now. I'm not in the mood to drive...and I'm in the mood for something flashy- this is flashy but I want something more.

A very impulsive thought came into mind.

Todays the day we've been waiting for. Tonight's the night. I will be in complete control of everything moving forward after tonight at the Christmas charity or whatever the fuck you call it.

"Keep your cool, you're an Edwards.. the hell am I talking about? Behind closed doors, kent is literally batshit crazy... I have my moments too. What does it mean to be an Edwards?" I started talking to myself I found myself pulling into my bank.

So much for impulse.

"Ms. Edwards, how can I assist you? A cup of coffee for this morning?" I was approached by a staff member.

"Who do I need to speak with about fundraising and buying a car? And, no thank you," I went straight into the matter.

Having the lodge me and mom would always go to during the winters has put me in a rather happy mood. But I can't over express that emotion, I have to be level headed and emotionless if I'm going to dominate in all that I do.

Even if I have to provoke kent into announcing that he'll be moving up the wedding date. A little tantrum and out lash should d-

This damn phone.

"What?" I casually hissed into the phone as my agent politely waved and I acknowledged her with a nod.

"Where are you? It's bad enough Lillian is running late and now you're nowhere to be in sight for the launch meeting?" He... scolded me?

How dare he I'll sh-

I was gestured to seat at a chair across my agent as she starts printing out paperwork, "take your time, I'm here for you," she assured me as she whispered and I nodded.

"Launch meeting? It's literally a meeting right before you send the staff off on their two weeks vacation for the holidays. I don't see a need for me to be there on time. I'll be there in terms of moral support, but I don't even work in the company so no, I won't be on time, but that's not the reason why I'm running late. Call it a woman's power move to be fashionably late," I looked at my nails and casually rolled my eyes knowing my dad is trying not to have a melt down.

My agent smiled approvingly with my last statement and Kent's on my phone choking on his spit.

Might as well provoke him now.

"As for the woman that's not even your wife and that will never be my mother, that's a you problem. I'll be there when I get there... how many unfulfilling women do you need to feed your ego let alone assume that I need you?" I simply hung up the line and rolled my eyes with a sigh.

It was easier to diss Lillian when I didn't know my true feelings towards her. It's like I want to apologize for every single time I say something rude in regards to her... deep down, I'm not sure how much I can keep this up to be honest.

Rachel is not all the way wrong, I've gone soft but not my father: Lillian. And Lillian cares about everyone's well being... hmm

"Ahem um- right," my agent was nervously chuckling.

"What's the holidays without a little family drama?" I smirked.

I could've sworn I saw her jaw drop a little bit and right before she closed her mouth, she bit the bottom of her lip- oh for fuck sakes woman, professionalism?