119

Lillian's pov

I thankfully made it back home before Stefani- that woman is on top of everything like clock work- even things that haven't been established into her schedule, she makes time for it without it conflicting with everything else that's to take place.

I don't know what to make her-

I said something small.

I need to make a call-

I rushed to my phone and dialed Rachel, "heyyyy mrs. Edwards- manifesting for the both of us babes," I can imagine her winking in front of me right now and I was basically thanking heaven as I looked up at the ceiling.

If Rachel calls me that, surely me and Stefani can make a comeback.

"I'm making an apology- something but I don't know what. It has to be small and I told her I'd make it... I'm a hot mess," I shook my head.

"Make her a coffee-

"I changed her meal plan baby," I overheard Veronica in the background.

"What?" Rachel was confused.

"She wanted to be more toned and burn off excess fat. No more lattes, coffees or hot cocoa. She drinks black tea and the closest thing to cocoa is a chai tea latte. We changed it a week or two ago," Veronica informed me.

"I've never seen her drink tea," I giggled.

"Probably because she hates it and doesn't know how to make it correctly. The herbs already provide the flavor," Veronica giggled.

"Has she even had a chai tea latte?" I could hear the uncertainty in her tone.

"She'll try one today with Lillian. I'll text you the recipe I use-

"She doesn't like things that are overly sweet," I reminded her.

"Take out the honey and use two tablespoons of brown sugar instead. Thanks for that heads up and good luckkkkkk," Rachel chimed in.

"Will I see you at the dinner?" I chirped.

"Of course! You're still our favorite mommy!" Veronica teased.

I let out an unexpected laugh.

"I know you're Stefani's favorite," Rachel made me blush.

"You two are bad together," I shook my head.

"We'll see you soonnnn, they both said their goodbyes and hung up.

My phone vibrates and I get a text messages of all the spices I need to make the chai base and the cream I need. This seems easy enough.

I'm staring at the pot of water waiting for a boil- maybe an encouraging New Years gift would be a tea kettle, I giggled to myself.

The front door of the houses opens as I hear a pair of heels click down the hall and into the bedroom.

I finally got a boil and decided to get the black tea bag to started working on the spice mixture before adding the cream- oh shit I need two table spoons of brown sugar too.

I was giving everything a light stir-

"Is it alright if I take your undivided attention," Stefani comes back in a calvin Klein sports bra and grey sweatpants with her braid swaying side to side.

"Take what-

Stefani pushes me back against the kitchen counter without hesitation and my lips part ways as she leans in- practically welcoming her to overwhelm me with what I've missed most...