82

Stefani's POV

"What the hell rachel?!" I yelled at her for knocking my bowl of cocoa pebbles and chocolate milk goodness into the sink.

I can't even enjoy childhood delicacies without being bombarded on in the comfort of my own home. I came from a busy day's worth of bullshit from Martha Speaks. Thank god that ended off with scandalous sex with Lillian. I showered, changed in my comfortable lounge wear and now I can't even eat a damn bowl of fucking cereal.

"You can't be siding with the enemy right now," she instructed me.

"Like hell I am!" I roared and Veronica covered her ears the poor thing.

"Whoahhh okay let's take it down a couple notches," oh darling, how I wish your voice could relieve me but Rachel is about to get her ass handed right now, I just wanted to eat something simple today...

"Seriously? Am I the only one with sense here, Stefani, you actually forgave the bastard," Rachel was stomping.

"Actually- yeah I did! And I wanted to share something sentimental such as that with Lillian over the winter holidays because- well, a special memory should be shared with a special person- oh for fuck sake Rachel kent is going to jail if not prison for letting Mary fuck with the companies numbers and the income is affecting the living conditions of associates!" I shouted back.

"Well shit at least we now know you aren't all soft on him-

"Me? Soft? On him? HIM?!" I felt my brow twitch.

"Oh shit..." Veronica squeaked.

"Oh dear, Stef-

"My mother is gone because of him- goddamnit my pet fish are gone because of him. My independence is gone because of him- I mean he wants me to babysit his goddamn position while he runs off with my wife! My free will is practically gone because of him. You think what- he makes a temporary peace offering for all the collateral damage he's caused- hell, I am the collateral damage. Out of everyone in this room, my life living with him has been shit!" I yelled at the top of my lungs and I could feel a vein twitch right at the top corner of my vein.

"Stef..." Rachel's tone became more apologetic.

"No! I don't care with what else you have to say, don't you ever think for a moment that I've gone soft. When have I ever gone soft- me? Of all people?! Soft?! I beg your pardon, I will flip the switch right fucking now to show you how soft I am!" I glared at Rachel and she had nothing else to say- too afraid to even say something without the chances of it making me boil even more.

"And to think, you- you of all people to even suggest that I've gone soft. Remember why I started this, I didn't do this for his sake. I did it for mine, I did it because I WANT TO BE SOMETHING MORE IN LIFE THAN A PAWN ON HIS CHESS BOARD," I put my last breath in the grave and Rachel sat down quietly..

"Shit... I'm sorry for yelling," I did my best to apologize.

"No, I'm sorry for being dramatic. I could've handled this a lot better than tossing your cereal into the sink.. I'll go make you a bowl- I'd cook something else but- you know," she shrugged.

The room was silence at her response and well, I'm not going to ignore it; I started snickering and so did Rachel.

"You can't cook cereal," I shook my head.

"Um- right..." she realized what she just said and our laughter grew.

"I'll buy you a cook book for Christmas," Veronica joked and our laughter grew in the house.

"Hell, I'll get you an apron that has your name in sparkles," I scoffed and Rachel rolled her eyes.

"Okay, you're laughing now but wait til thanksgiving. You'll be fine dining!" She declared.