104

Stefani's pov

"Blah blah blah," Lana was slurring.

"You're more drunk than usual," i grumbled as the car parked in the parking lot.

"Moping about how I recognized my daughter but she didn't recon me. BLAH BLAH," she was twirling and empty wine glass.

"Is Carter an alcoholic?" I leaned over and whispered to Lillian.

"She's more resistant towards drinking because of how much she loves it. But if you ask me who's the bigger drinker of the two, we're looking at a tie, my love," Lillian's head rested on my shoulder as we just eyed Lana.

"They look nothing alike. Carter has grey eyes. Lana is a brunette with dark brown eyes. Has anyone met this woman's husband?" I scoffed.

"She didn't even recognize me," Lana wailed but she wasn't crying or anything, she was just drunk and miserable.

"Carter has highlights. To have grey eyes is such a rare recessive trait to be dominant. I'm sure the husband has them along with the possibility of Lana in her family tree having a history with grey eyes. Hetero-recessive? I forgot th... " Lillian's nerd side caught my eye.

"What?" She was unaware of what was making me smirk at her but conscious of the tension between as she blushed.

"I would love a refresher on biology some other time," I started leaning in.

"Hush and let's help our friend," she giggled pulling away.

"Lana, I have her number," I sighed.

"You do?!" She almost fell over.

"Erm- I shouldn't interfere in your business affairs Ms. Edwards. I don't want to risk compromising your execution with my personal affairs," she cleared her throat.

"Fine, the next time me and Cammery get together I'll give her your number since your affairs are-

I stopped abruptly.

A weird feeling triggered my brain.

Cammery....

Hmmmmmmm...

why did her name chimed the loudest in my memories when the word affair was brought about?

"Stef?" Lillian sat straight up and tended to my needs.

"I- I don't know. Something started nagging," I brushed it off- or at least I tried; my head is fuzzy with me bringing Carter up.

"Let's get you checked in, I'm not risking a concussion," Lillian grabbed her purse.

"She- wait what?!" Veronica was freaking out.

"Stefani? Concussion? Injured? Stefani is injured? What the actual hell?" Rachel is still trying to process it.

"I'll drink for you too," Lana wailed as she hung up and everyone else did too leaving Lillian alone with me in the car.

"It shouldn't be something serious, you were functioning fine during the flight. My hands are too cold and I can't tell if you're burning up or if you're naturally this hot- Stefani don't," she looked at me seriously but I was already smirking.

Tell me I'm sexy again.

"To keep the peace, I'll do a walk in. I'm probably just jet lagged. I feel fine overall" I softly spoke.

"While you do that, I'll be getting checked out too," she softly smiled as we stood side by side in the parking lot.

"I don't know, I can get rather jealous knowing someone is checking you out," I smirked and she smiled vibrantly.