115

Lillian's pov

"You're glowing," Eleanora leaned over to whisper in my ear.

"Is it that noticeable?" I flinched.

"Not as much as hers," Carter mindlessly points over at Stefani who's- being Stefani.

She's sitting in a leather chair, arms crossed, legs crossed and the biggest resting bitch face I've ever seen, but her caramel skin is practically drinking up the sun making her glow all the more and it bring out the pink in her lips.

"Stefani, you're a literal guest in this woman's office!" I whisper yelled at her even though I was practically admiring her just a second ago.

"I know this lady," she wasn't bothered.

"That's concerning for his own daughter to be a regular at the wedding planner's office," Eleanora noted.

"Good thing this will be the last one she has to deal with," Carter added.

"Fingers crossed that we can get through this," Eleanora giggled.

"Lord knows legs are crossed," Carter sighed as I quickly stopped biting my lip eyeing Stefani..

"Oh hush, you couldn't pretend you hated me- not even once in public," Eleanora made Carter tense up and I laughed.

"Both of you, hush- LANA?!" I was in shock.

"MOTHER?!" Carter instinctively stood up to hug her.

Stefani's posture never shifted but her eyes were in disbelief with Lana's return. It was in that very second, a small curl came from the corner of her lips.

"We have a lot of work to do-

"Work? You're supposed to be-

"What better way to go get a win-win in all angles than this? Lana as our wedding planner and Kent can't turn her down because she's one of the few that has a successful marriage in the company and on top of that, a well rounded family- in all aspects... congratulations on rekindling with Carter... and among other things, Lana won't stop working no matter how much I pay her not to, so if I grant her the occupation that gives her access to not only be our eyes and ears but to have a better angle to rejoice with her daughter- oh for fuck sake, this is by far the best trump card to make sure everything is full proof for the wedding," Stefani yawned and turned over in her chair to take a nap.

"Why, yes," Lana's British accent refreshed my mind.

"Besides... Lana's house is her office- the workaholic that she is," Stefani softly spoke and I couldn't help but look at Lana with adoration.

"A little heads up would've been nice," Carter called.

"Merry belated Christmas to you too," Stefani waved her off.

Carter's head dropped but she was smiling hard as ever with Stefani.

I knew these two would get along.

There was brief knocking on the door and Lana excused herself to go open it.

"No wonder why I wasn't sure about this route- I've been here before!" Kent's voice was familiar yet a stranger to me.

"Careful father, no one wants to hear their soon to be betrothed say that they're familiar with another married woman's home," Stefani called out.

"We need to talk," his tone changed quickly.

"Later," she waved him off.

"Sit up for god's sake, you're a guest," he snapped.

"Friend of the family. Not my fault you haven't established that level of friendship with your employees but then again- you were never good with work life balance considering you were always distracted with your so called work-