114

Stefani's pov

I finished chugging down a protein shake- god I feel like I'm gonna barf.

"Smart move," Veronica takes my shaker bottle and risnses it for me.

"Oh- please," I hiccuped a burp.

"No, really. That's a power move, I can't imagine how nervous you are right now. Forcing yourself to get something on your stomach? You go girl," she gave me a soft punch on the shoulder.

"What's going on?" Lillian was wrapped in her black silk robe with her messy hair just-

...those damn innocent blue eyes...

"Why so nervous?" She slipped behind me and pressed her body against me as she started massaging my shoulders.

Lillian placed a kiss just below the back of my neck and it was enough to burn my skin.

"Deciding... does casting the anonymous vote now put us in a tight position?" I turned around to hold her by her hips.

Our eyes met... I know we could be lots of other things but I just can't let this go, I want it to go perfectly- realistically speaking, nothing goes accordingly. which is why we do backups but I don't want a back up... I want this over with.

"Do it after the wedding is sabotaged. You'd be at an advantage because you can justify him being least qualified to run the company with a newly crashed wedding to back it up," Carter is wearing a black turtleneck and beige dress slacks with black leather boots that have stilleto heels- very nice.

"You forgot to say 'excuse me' darling," Eleanora follows behind her wearing a black dress with a beige trench coat- cashmere... these two are clearly the example.

"You're right. It's just something like this is time sensitive. It almost sounded like you were going to cast it today," Carter eyed me.

I could feel Lillian's hands slightly twitch.

"I just want this done and over with," I mumbled.

"I do too, but we play long game," Lillian wraps her arms around my neck and kisses my nose.

"I don't play games when it comes to my wife," I growled and nipped the bottom of her lip making her blush.

"Okay so if the vote cast isn't taking place today.. why is Eleanora and Carter dressed up?" Rachel shimmies closer to Veronica.

"We're planning a wedding and as providers of live music, they need to make a great impression to the bride, groom and planner- speaking of which, I need to get ready," Lillian pecked my nose and rushed up the stairs.

Kent is already familiar with these two- hell, I'm acquainted with them myself. There's no need-

Lillian's steps are slower as she gets higher and higher up the stairs. Her legs have a soft glow until a silk curtain pools onto the steps and it drags shimmering behind her.

"Excuse me," I politely removed myself from the small group that was starting to form this Tuesday morning.

I cautiously moved up the steps to follow Lillian who went back into the bedroom we shared.

That scent...

Kilian Paris- this gourmand in particular is enough to drive me insane. I know she just sprayed it and I'm on the other side of the hallway, but the cognac and tonka bean is practically cat nip to me when she puts it on- especially when it's cold weather.

Without a second thought, I barged in and there she was sitting on the edge of our guest bed with the perfume bottle in her hands as her legs were crossed...