(Prologue) The explanation

Clara POV:

Our planet isn't what it used to be. Earth as we know it had been invaded. In the year 3022 there was a Great War. A alien species decided to become known. Humans as always didn't react too good to this. We fought back against peaceful creatures.

We lost the war. The aliens were far too technologically advanced. As a result of losing this war and fighting peaceful creatures, the remaining humans were punished.

Out of the 10 billion humans that were on earth in the year 3022, only about 1 billion survived.

In the current year, 4002 there are only about 100,000 humans left. Me being one of them.

As punishment for our crimes we were treated as infants. They told us we acted like children so we would be treated as one. It didn't help that most of the aliens were in same sex relationships and couldn't have biological children.

While the aliens took over earth, they were rather human like creatures. The only difference being, they stood around eleven feet tall. The powerful males stood around 12 feet tall and the powerful women around 11 and half feet tall.

Since the aliens were so tall most of the already destroyed buildings, from the war, were torn down. Replaced with much taller buildings. Vehicles were changed as well. Humans could no longer ride safely in a car since they were so large. We had to ride in car seats.

Since humans are a rare commodity we are often raised in powerful households. Presidents, Senators, and Judges. On a rare occasion where a human woman gets pregnant, after she gives birth the child is taken to be raised in a facility. At the age of eighteen he or she is placed in a high ranking government members family. Where he or she will stay till they get a immortality shot at the age of twenty-five.

Also, at the age of eighteen we are given a simple shot that will regress our minds to the age of a toddler. We will lose our ability to use the bathroom by ourselves, think reasonably, walk properly, and talk properly.

We are treated as babies forever. The same family forever. A never ending cycle. Today's people are paying for the crimes of yesterday's. History always repeats itself...