Chapter Twelve: Uncle Dom

Cara POV:

I crawl towards the man sitting in a white chair. He has dark skin like Dadas and his hair is braided all over. I use his leg to pull myself up and give him a big smile.

"Well hello there little one." Uncle Dom says.

He picks me up under my armpits and places me on his lap. I automatically go to touch his braids. So pretty.

"Yes, that's Uncle Doms braids." He tells me.

"Pwetty." I tell him. Mesmerized by the feeling in my hands.

"Can I ask you some questions Clara?" He asks.

"Otay."

"Can you tell me your favorite color?"

"Gween wike mama."

"She's talking about my eyes. The first time she saw herself in the mirror, she saw her green eyes. Then she realized I had them same color." Mama says.

"You and your mama match huh?" Uncle Dom says.

"Wes! Daddy mwatch chu!"

"Daddy does have the same red hair! How smart you are." Uncle Dom says, tickling me under my chin.

"Can you tell me a big secret Clara? Which one of your daddies are your favorite?"

"Mama!" I reply happily.

"Mamas your favorite?"

"Wes! She gib me milky."

The audience chuckles.

"Oh, I see." Uncle Dom laughs.

Uncle Dom (Dominique) POV:

Holding Clara on my lap is a joy. The audience is just eating her up. Next to me she's truly the size of a toddler. Truly adorable.

We decide to head to the next segment where her family decided to give us photos of her first day at home.

The photos are showed on a large screen behind the stage.

The first photo is Grace holding Clara for the first time. Clara is wide-eyed starting up at Grace, and Grace is smiling softly down at her.

The second photo is of her seeing her nursery for the first time. Shes standing with the help of a rather large teddy bear, a pacifier in her mouth, and goofy grin on her face directed at the camera.

The third image we show is actually a video. Clara is strapped into a hair chair, laughing while covered and applesauce. Something must be making her laugh off camera because all of a sudden applesauce comes shooting out of her nose.

The next photo is of her in the bathtub. It's filled with bubbles and toys and she's clearly invested in playing with a rubber duck and a boat. The photo is also blurred below her neck protecting her but it doesn't take away from how cute the photo is.

The fourth photo is of her pouting in the corner which the audience laughs at. She's sitting on a pink stool, her arms crossed, bottom lip poking out. That one gets loud laughs from the audience.

The fifth is my favorite, it's a picture of  Clara cuddled up in bed with Grace. Her head is under Graces chin. They're both on their sides snuggling into each other. The room is dimmed but with enough light to take a picture. The sheets are messy and Clara only has a cloth diaper on.

The last photo is of Atticus helping her walk. He's standing behind her, holding her arms while she takes cautious steps up the gravel pathway to their house. Claras eyebrows are furrowed in concentration and a pacifier is hanging from her mouth.

All these photos are so heartwarming. I won't lie and say that I'm not jealous especially because I'm seeing what I could've had. Back in highschool I dated Grace. It wasn't anything serious but I messed it up by cheating on her. Grace and I didn't talk again till she met Calisto, Atticus, and Dechen.

Grace forgave me but when I asked to take her back, she declined. She told me she found her happiness and she couldn't trust me anymore. We all ended up being friends. I still haven't met the one for me.

The one thing I want most in this world is a Little. They're just so rare it's almost impossible to have one unless you're in a position of power.

Nevertheless I will be the best "Uncle Dom" to little Clara.