Chapter Seventy-Two: Lucia's Back...

(Chapter idea inspired by Mochi10987 Thank you for the chapter suggestion! Feel free to leave more in the comments down below!)

Chapter refresher: In case anybody needs a reminder, Lucia was Clara's guardian at the human facility before she got her regression shot. Lucia was featured in Chapter One!

Grace (Mama) POV:

Clara bounces excitedly in my arms as I make my way down to the kitchen. She knows we're about to see Harold and he always gives her a special treat when we visit.

"Gu! Gu!" Clara yells, pointing towards  the hall that'll lead us to the kitchen.

A laugh escapes me as I watch Clara eagerly point to which way we should go. It's amazing how she can identify where to go in this large house. "I'm going as fast as I can, babygirl." I respond.

We eventually make it to the kitchen and I throw open the doors. Harold is stirring something on the stove, but stops when he sees Clara and I. "Ahhh! My two favorite girls. What can I make for you today?" He asks.

Slightly off to his side, is a woman that I feel like I've seen somewhere. I could've sworn that I've met this strange woman before. It must just be some deja vu.

Brushing off the strange feeling, I tell Harold, "We've comes to say hello and to sneak some snacks."

"Clara's section has been restocked with some baby snacks. I've ordered some new stuff as well. I've made sure that it's all in line with Clara's dietary restrictions." Harold calls out to me as I walk into the pantry.

The baby isn't allowed to have anything that's high in sugar, fats, or is heavy in artificial flavoring. It keeps her happy and healthy until she can have her immortality shot.

I mean, she is allowed every once in a while. It just isn't an every day thing. She mostly survives off my breastmilk anyways.

"Thank you, Harold! Much appreciated." I yell through the open doors of the pantry.

I watch through the doors as Harold nods at me, then returns to his sizzling pan. The woman that I swear I've seen before, has her head turned down towards the stove. I'm just paranoid, that's it.

"ACK 'ACK!" Clara starts to yell impatiently. She's hungry and wants her little snack.

"Chill out, Mama's getting it." I chuckle, moving towards the isle that holds Clara's snacks.

I pick out several and then move on to grab stuff for the boys. They're all being couch potatoes upstairs and practically begged me to grab them a snack. Atticus gets jerky, Calisto gets some trail mix, and Dechen gets potato chips.

Should be enough for all of them. "Come on, let's go back upstairs to Daddies." I tell Clara.

She's currently resting on my right hip, while I struggle to carry all our snacks with my left hand. It's a challenge, but I'm managing it. Just one of the perks of being a mother.

I make it back upstairs without problem, but as I was walking out of the kitchen I could've sworn I felt that woman's eyes on my back.

As I step out of the elevator, I set Clara down on the floor so she can crawl to the living room. Clara looks up at me from the floor and I say, "Go on. Daddies are waiting for you."

With my permission now granted, Clara crawls off towards the living room. Her hands slap on the marble floor with each one of her movements, the sound echoing through the halls.