Chapter Forty-Nine: Neil Playdate

Grace (Mama) POV:

"Clara! Come back here!" I laugh as I watch Clara crawl down the hall as fast as she can. She's chasing Calisto, trying to follow him to work. She's giggling like crazy and Cal has a huge smile spread across his face as he jogs slowly to the elevator.

He eventually stops and runs towards Clara, lifting her up off the floor. "You can't come with Daddy to work today. You're going to stay with Mama. You need to eat anyways. You were being cheeky with Mama this morning and refusing your milky." Cal gently bounces Clara in his arms and she laughs so hard the apples of her cheeks turn red.

Calisto's right, Clara did refuse to nurse this morning. For some reason she's clinging to him today. All morning she followed him wherever he went. She sat outside the shower door when he went to shower, followed him into the closet when he dressed, and even played in the bathroom when he was using the toilet.

Apparently my little girl decided it was time to be clingy. "Nu, Daddy. Cwara com wif chu!" Clara announces, clapping her hands.

"Nope, you have a morning with Mama and then Neil is coming for a playdate. You can show him your blocks and your horsey! Daddy has to do boring paperwork." Cal sticks his bottom lip out in a childish pout and Clara pokes it, trying to stick it back into his mouth.

"Otay, Daddy." Clara replies, wiggling to get down on the floor.

Calisto sets her down and she takes off towards me, crawling as fast as she can. Cal runs off towards the elevator, pressing the button, and hopping in quick before Clara can change her mind.

Laughing, Clara finally reached me and used my pant leg to help her stand up. "Mama!" Clara shouts as she wobbles a little bit.

I lean down and pick Clara up, carrying her to her bedroom and laying her down on the changing table. Making quick work of changing her diaper, I carry her into the closet. "What do you want to wear today, princess?"

Speaking of princesses, Cal and I had an important talk last night. Arabella and Geoff want to announce publicly that Clara's their granddaughter, making her a literal princess. We had a lengthy serious talk and decided to agree on some terms. That's what Calisto's doing right now, calling the King and Queen to lay down our ground rules.

"Wellow!" Clara points towards a yellow sundress and I shake my head. It's getting cold outside and she needs something warmer.

"You can wear yellow but how about you wear something like this." I hold up a yellow, long sleeved onesie that has a matching pair of pants.

Clara shakes her head and tries to pull the dress off the shelf. Sighing, I grab the dress, a pair of white tights, and a little white cardigan. There, a happy compromise. I quickly dress Clara and set her down on the ground to play.

She automatically goes for her rocking horse and I help her climb on. I'm happy we bought this for her, she absolutely loves it. "Dada an Papa!" Clara announces, pointing towards the door while she rocks back and forth.

Turning my head I see Dechen and Atticus standing by the door. Both of them are only wearing pajama pants and are rubbing their eyes. "Hey, Babe and baby." Atticus says as he leans against the door frame.

Clara takes one hand of the handle of her horse and waves to them. "Good morning, princess." Dechen smiles and yawns.

Clara gives her Daddies a big smile and continues to rock aggressively. I might have to buy her a cowgirl hat. Of course it would have to be pink and have sparkles on it. I'm in my head thinking shout all of the hat choices when Clara decides she's done rocking. She throws herself of the horse and sits on her butt for a second.