Chapter Twenty-Four: Royalty

Clara POV:

"Okay, Clara. Pay attention to Mommy please. I'm going to need you to be real good and use all your manners. We're going to meet some very special people and we need you to listen. If you can do that, then you get a special treat. Okay?"

"Yesth, Mommy." I play with my giraffe while I wait for Mommy to take me out of my car seat.

Mommy takes me out of my seat and fixed my dress and hat, before we go inside two large doors. There a tall men everywhere wearing black suits with wires in their ears. A lady that's shorter than Mama and wearing a green dress walks up to Mama and says, "First Lady and Mr.President, if you would follow me? I'll take you to the Queen and King."

The lady walks us down a hallway with wood floors that make Mommy's shoes click when she walks. She stops at two big doors and knocks before entering. "Your Highnesses, Mr.President, First Lady, and First Family." She leaves the room, shutting the door behind her.

There's a really tall man and woman. They're even taller than Mommy and Daddies! The woman has red hair that goes down to her butt and gray eyes. She has a purple dress on that goes to the floor. The man has black hair and brown eyes. He's wearing a suit like Daddy's.

"There's no need for such formalities. We've invited you into our home to make friends. Please sit, we would like to get to know who's ruling the other half of the world." I hear the man say.

"Thank you King Geoff." I hear Daddy say.

"Please call me Geoff and my wife Arabella." The man responds.

Mommy and Daddies sit down and I look at the woman again and she's staring at me. "Who would this cutie be."

Mommy adjusts me so I'm standing on her thighs and she's holding my hands. "This is Clara Rose Silva."

"What a beautiful Little girl! Would you mind if I held her?" The lady asks.

"Go right ahead. She's shy around people she doesn't know, though. She might be a bit fussy." Mommy says.

"Oh, that's fine." Mommy stands up and walks over to the lady, sitting me down in her lap.

"Hello there cutie." The lady says, holding me gently.

I stare up at her with big eyes then spot something shiny! I grab the thing wrapped around the lady's neck and put it in my mouth. I helps my gums but tastes yucky! I lay my head down on the lady's chest and continue to suck on it.

"I'm so sorry about that! She's started teething and is chewing on everything. Her pacifier must have fallen out on the walk here." Dada says.

"She's perfectly fine! A little baby drool never hurt anybody." The lady strokes my hair and bounces me lightly.

I start to feel thirsty and lean my head down to suck on the lady's boobie through her shirt. The lady jumps then moves me around so I'm facing the man.

"Clara. Remember that talk we had when Mawmaw was visiting? Only Mommy has milkies." Daddy says.

My bottom lip starts to quiver and Mommy jumps up to grab me.

"I'm sorry about that, Arabella. It was a long flight and I didn't get the chance to nurse her today. She's quite thirsty, do you have a place I can feed her?"

"Go ahead and do it here. My husband and I don't mind if you don't. You're only feeding your little one. We see it as natural."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course! Go right ahead."

Mommy sits me across her lap and pulls down the side of her dress. She unlatches her boobie holder and I latch on. The lady comes to sit by Mama while I drink. She rubs my cheek while I look at her. I hear the lady sniffle and see her eyes getting red

"Did you know we had a Little once?" The lady asks Mama.

"No, we didn't." Mommy replies.

"We kept her hidden from the media. Geoff and I had her for several years. The happiest years of our lives. She was our whole world. A few years after we adopted her, we took her on a play date. The family had a little boy. My daughter, Clarissa and him got close fast. What we didn't know is that for some reason their regression shot failed.

"For some reason Clarissa started to age-up again. Along with Haden, the little boy who was friends with Clarissa. We tried everything to revert her back. It just wasn't possible. One night, Clarissa and Haden both went missing. We searched everywhere to find them but were unable to.

"We put out messages everywhere in the world asking for help. It wasn't until eighteen years ago we finally heard something. A hospital had admitted a human woman was brought in heavily pregnant.

"The father of the baby, was presumed dead. Shortly after the baby was born, the woman killed herself. It was too late for us. We couldn't get there in time. The same day the woman killed herself, we revived a picture of a dead Clarissa. Do you understand where I'm going with this?" The lady pauses for a moment.

"Clara is Clarissa's daughter. She's our granddaughter. Our only granddaughter. She looks just like our Little Clarissa. She has her fiery red hair and Haden's green eyes. My husband and I want shared custody of Clara.

"We want to have Clara in the summer and on holidays. I want to have my granddaughter in my life. Clara is a gift from Clarissa. Haden's family also wants to meet her. I know this is a lot to ask, but please. I'm begging you, let me have my grandchild." The lady finished.

"No. I'm sorry, what happened to Clarissa is a tragedy, but no. Clara is ours." I hear Mommy say.

Mommy pulls me tighter against her boobie and turns away from the Lady.

"No?" I hear the man speak up.

"Do you know we outrank you? We could just take Clara if we wanted to. We're trying to be civil. We legally have the right to see our grandchild. We hold the upper hand." The man almost yells.

"Clara is breastfed. Almost solely breastfed. She will stay that way forever. I'm supposed to keep her in a different country for almost half the year and on holidays? She needs me and her dads. She's comfortable with us.

"Clara is legally ours. We signed those papers. We watched her for several years, waiting for the day we could bring her home. We're not having her stay in a different Country without us. Clara is not a gift from your dead Little. She's not a consolation prize. How can I even trust you guys with her, when your own Little escaped?" Mommy's voice sounds angry.

The lady's eyes widened and her eyes start to water. The man stands up and walks over to Mommy. He tries to pull me from her when Daddy stands up and pushes him back. "You will not touch her! Back off!"

The doors to the room are thrown open and a lady with three men who look the same, comes walking in. The lady has blonde hair and brown eyes. The men all have brown hair and green eyes. The lady covers her mouth with her hand. "Oh my god, it's her."

The lady walks over to Mommy and leans down like she's going to pick me up. Mommy jerks her body back and holds me so tight that I feel like I can't breathe.

"We're leaving. Call the car, let's go." Daddy says.

"We can't let you do that." The new lady says.

"You want to take MY child. I'm not allowing that to happen." Daddy sounds angry.

"I'm sorry it had to be like this then. GUARDS." The man yells.

The doors fly open and men in black start to run into the room. "Escort Grace, Dechen, Atticus, and Calisto out of the building. The child stays with us."