Chapter Six: The Conversation

Calisto (Daddy) POV:

Clara has just fallen asleep still sucking on Grace's breast. It was a peaceful moment for all of us. I'm cuddled up behind Clara, Dechen is spooning Grace, and Atticus is laying sprawled out on the foot of the bed.

Nursing is something that Grace always wanted to do with Clara. The peace that overtakes her face when she's nurses relaxes us all. We had been wanting to adopt a human for a while now. Even with me being President of the New World we had trouble finding a perfect human till we found Clara.

We got word of Clara when she was eight years old. She was in a human facility and we heard she had features similar to Grace and I's. She has my red hair and Grace's green eyes. The first photo we saw of her, she had our hearts.

We decided to move her to a facility closer to us. We received reports about her daily. Her caregiver, Lucia was absolutely smitten with Clara. We watched their tearful goodbye from the cameras in the facility and decided that if we ever needed a babysitter, we would pick Lucia.

"Tomorrow is the press conference introducing Clara to the world." Dechen says. Snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yea, tomorrow is most likely going to be stressful." Grace replies.

"I can get her up and ready. Grace, if you want to pick out her outfit can you do it tonight so it's ready? We'll have to leave by 4:30 a.m to get to the studio on time. I can bring her in our room at about 3:00 to nurse then we can set her in her swing so we can get ready." I add.

"That sounds perfect. Thank you baby." Grace replies. Leaning over Clara to give me a brief kiss.

"Anything for my family." I say with a smile.