Chapter Sixty-Three: Bossy Little Thing

(Chapter idea inspired by @popcorngirlislove Thank you for the chapter idea! Feel free to leave chapter suggestions in the comments. I honestly need them, I'm going through a bit of writers block!)

Grace (Mama) POV:

This morning for some unknown reason, Clara decided to be independent. She wouldn't nurse and only took a bottle, tried to change her diaper by herself, and cried whenever I tried to help her with anything.

Dechen ended up cleaning two dirty diapers off the floor and had to pick up clothes scattered on her bedroom floor from when Clara tried to dress herself.

Now, she's crawling around on the floor without clothes on and her buttcheek sticking out of her lopsided diaper.

I honestly just gave up trying to fight her. If she wants to be independent for a day, then props to her. I'm only one person and she wouldn't even listen to her Daddies. Atticus and Dechen ended up going downstairs and into Calisto's office, leaving me with an ornery baby.

My only problem is she's refusing to listen to anything we tell her. She keeps trying to grab the remote controls, my makeup, basically everything Clara knows she's not allowed to touch. Whenever I try to redirect her she tells me, 'I'm a big girl, Mama.'

So now we have a little girl who's decided to be independent but won't listen.

Currently, she's crawling around our living areas with her bear in her mouth. She's talking to herself and looks like she's on a mission.

She crawls into my bedroom and plops down on her butt, taking the bear out of her mouth, and setting it down beside her on the floor. "What are you doing, princess?" I ask as I squat down on the floor next to Clara.

"Nu, gu 'way, Mama." My princess yells, pointing at the door.

Instead of arguing with my toddler, I stand up and move to the door. Sometimes, you just can't argue with her.

I peek my head through the doorway so I can still keep an eye on her. Clara babbles something to her bear then crawls towards my bathroom. It sounded like something along the lines of, 'Keep watch for Mama.'

Uh oh, I think I know what she's up to.

Lately, Clara has a new fascination with the shower. Whenever she has a chance, she'll sneak into the bathroom and try to reach the knobs that turn on the shower. She's too short to reach but it doesn't stop her from trying.

The last time she got into the bathroom, she slipped and fell on the tile in the shower. She was fine but it scared the crap out of her. I thought she would learn her lesson from that but she didn't.

Marching into the room, I pick up Clara's bear, then head into the bathroom. Just like I suspected, Clara's in the shower and trying to grab the knob. "Miss Clara! What are you doing?" I ask, inadvertently startling her.

She plops down on her butt and opens her mouth, a cry escaping her lips. I rush over to her and pick her up in my arms. "You're okay. You know better than to mess around in the shower, though. That's naughty. Do you need a timeout?" I ask while pacing the bathroom.

"Nu! Chu cworner!" Clara suddenly yells, her crying long forgotten.

My bratty princess pushes on my shoulders and wiggles her body in my arms, fighting to get down. I oblige and place her on the floor. She crawls away and I follow close behind her, wondering where she's going. "Chu stway! Nu awwowed!" Clara yells as she crawls into her room and tries to close the door behind her.

What has gotten into my kid today? My usually sweet girl, is acting like a brat. I have no idea how to fix it. Maybe I should go get Neil. She'll listen to him but not me.