Chapter Forty: Green House

Grace (Mama) POV:

As soon as Clara and I walk into the green house, her eyes widen in wonder. The green house is in a massive glass dome to the left of our house on the bottom floor. It lets in tons of natural sunlight, and produces a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. There's also small trees, plenty of foliage, a small natural waterfall, and tons of butterflies.

"Mama! Fwies!" Clara screams and drops her teether on the ground. Pointing towards the dozens of fluttering butterflies flying through the room.

"That's right, love. Look at all the butterflies!" I set Clara down so she can explore by herself and pick up her teether, placing it in my pocket.

Clara automatically crawls towards a small bridge that goes over a little creek. I quickly run to stand beside her so she doesn't fall in. She does a surprisingly good job crawling over the bridge and crawls towards a staff member that's tending to some peppers.

Using his pant leg to stand up, Clara watches him spray the peppers with some kind of mist. "I'm sorry about that, she's curious." I apologize.

He smiles down at Clara and continues with his work. "She's fine, Miss. I don't mind. After all, this is her house. I just work here." He says kindly.

"Thank you for your hard work. I'm sorry, I don't think I know your name."

"My names, Adam, Ma'am." He says politely.

"Would you like to hold her Adam?" I ask. Normally, people love to hold Clara. She has a spunky personality that just radiates joy. Who wouldn't want to hold her?

"I'm kind of dirty. I would hate to get her pretty outfit messy." Adam says with a wistful tone to his voice.

"It's fine, she's bound to get dirty in here anyways." With my permission, he scoops Clara up in his arms.

"Hello, little one. I'm Adam." He says softly.

Clara smiles at him and points back to the sprayer in his other hand. "Waz dat?"

"That's my sprayer. There's little buggies in this room that help the plants, but those little bugs sometimes like to eat the fruits and vegetables. So, I use this sprayer to make them go away." Adam explains.

Clara gets a little furrow in her eyebrows and thrusts her little, chubby hand out. Silently asking for the sprayer. "Do you want to try?"

She nods her head and Adam crouches down, helping her grip the nozzle. He holds down something that makes it spray and Clara lets out little peels of laughter. I can't help but pull out my phone and record it. This would be another cute photo for Hoppo.

Hoppo is basically like the old worlds social media. From what I've learned, it's a tad bit different, though. Our social media only has one website instead of several different platforms. There's also strict no tolerance rules for bullying, trolls, and other harmful subjects.

If caught violating the rules, there's no warning, just a automatic permanent ban.

My husbands and I share one profile and there's already hundreds of photos of Clara. The public love her and are always demanding new pictures. Quickly uploading a picture of the Adam and Clara, I put my phone back in my pocket.

"Come on, Clara. Let's go see if we can hold a butterfly. Adam has to get back to his work." I say, taking Clara from Adam.

"Thank you, Miss, for letting me hold Clara." He says with a final wave to my little girl.

"Honestly, it's no problem. It was nice meeting you, Adam."

"Likewise." Adam turns to get back to his gardening while I carry Clara to where Dechen and Atticus are standing.