Chapter Forty-Six: The Aquarium

(Chapter idea is from @Amirah05 thank you for the suggestion!)

Grace (Mama) POV:

Going out in public is hard for our family. Not only because we're easily recognized, but because it poses safety risks for Clara. We often can't go out and do fun stuff because of the amount of security we have to take. Clara hasn't been to many places we were hoping to take her because of this.

But today is different. We decided that we're going to take Clara to the aquarium. Calisto had to run it by his security team a month ago and they had to make sure the aquarium was secure before we could go.

That entails screening all the people that bought tickets that day, documenting all the exits, having a sniper on top of the building across the street, preparing our cars, and so much more that I don't even know about. All so we can take our baby some place most people can go to anytime they want.

"Wake up, babygirl. We're going to see the fishes today!" I whisper excitedly to Clara.

She stretches and opens her green eyes, giving me a smile. I can already tell this is going to be one of those days she wakes up in a good mood. Picking Clara up out of her crib, I hold her to me and give her a soft kiss. "Good morning, princess."

Clara snuggles up to me and yawns, already falling back asleep. "No, don't go to sleep. There's fishes we have to see!" I exclaim, laying Clara down on her changing table.

"Calisto? Can you change her diaper while I pick out an outfit for her?" I yell out the open bedroom door.

He walks into the room only wearing his tan slacks, and switches spots with me. Guess I interrupted him while he was getting dressed. "Daddy..." Clara mumbles.

"Hi, pretty baby. You excited to see the fishes?" Calisto asks her while I rummage around in Clara's closet.

There's no reason Clara needs a huge walk in closet, yet she had one. Rows and rows of colorful baby clothes hang on the shelves, all neatly organized based on color. She even has a shoe shelf and she doesn't even walk!

Rummaging through the light blue colors, I find a cute light blue dress and matching headband. The dress has thick, lace shoulder straps and has a snap crotch so I don't need to find a diaper cover. It's perfect. After grabbing a pair of white buckle Mary Jane's, I leave the closet.

Walking back into the bedroom I see Calisto is holding Clara in his arms. He's making funny faces at her while she smiles at him. "Here, if she wears this we don't have to use a diaper cover." I say, handing Calisto the outfit.

He nods and quickly dresses her. Calisto hands Clara to me after he's finishes so I can do her hair. I quickly grab her brush and two hair ties and move to my room. It's easier for me to do Clara's hair in there because I can sit her down on the bed in front of me.

Walking into our bedroom I see all the boys are almost finished getting ready. Atticus is putting gel in his hair, Calisto's buttoning his shirt, and Dechen's buckling his belt. Clara giggles when she sees all her daddies and bounces in my arms.

Atticus leans down and gives her a kiss and Dechen smiles at her as he slides his shoes on. I sit down on the bed and sit Clara in front of me. She wiggles when I start brushing her hair but otherwise cooperates. "Almost done, princess." I tell her as I part her hair down the middle and make two little buns.