Chapter Sixty-Two: Just Like Neil

(Chapter idea inspired by NerdyKing22   Thank you for the chapter idea! Feel free to leave chapter suggestions in the comments.)

Dechen (Dada) POV:

I follow Clara as she crawls into the closet with the bear Neil got her in her mouth. I have no idea what she's up to, but the little one is on a mission. She stops in front of Calisto's dirty clothes and plops down on her butt, pointing to the closed laundry basket. "What do you want, princess?" I ask.

In answer, Clara just points at me then back to the basket. "Dada 'elp!" She yells.

I think she wants me to tip the basket over. No idea why, but I do it anyways. The dirty clothes all fall to the floor and Clara gets to work digging through the pile. She eventually finds what she wants; Calisto's suit jacket. "What are you doing with that, little lady?" I question.

Clara ignores me and starts to wiggle her body into it. The jacket is absolutely huge on her and dwarfs her tiny frame. She struggles a little bit and turns to me saying, "Dada 'elp Cwara, pwease?"

How could I not oblige my princess?

Squatting down on the floor, I get to work helping her into the suit jacket. The end drags on the floor and her arms don't even fit in the sleeves, but Clara clearly loves it. Grace should buy a mini suit for her.

I roll the sleeves up as much as I can until her little, chubby hands pop out. As soon as I finish that, Clara grabs her bear from next to her, puts it back in her mouth, and crawls out of the room.

She's giggling and babbling something I can't decipher as she crawls down the hall towards the elevator.

Grace pops her head out of the living room door when she sees Clara crawling past, and raises a questioning eyebrow at me. "I have no idea what she's doing." I respond with a shrug of my shoulders.

Grace joins me in my quest to figure out what Clara's doing and together, we follow our princess to the elevator. "Do you want to go downstairs?" Grace asks after Clara points to the elevator button.

"Yesth!" Clara nods and claps her hands, happy that Grace finally understood what she wants.

"Okay, we can go downstairs. Do you want Mama or Dada to carry your bear? Putting it in your mouth is yucky." Grace squats down to Clara's height as she speaks and holds her hand out for Clara's bear.

"Ere chu gu, Mama." Clara passes over her bear and I press the elevator button.

The doors open instantly and Clara crawls through. Grace and I share a look, then walk in behind our adventurous toddler. My wife presses the button to the ground floor and we both wait. Clara noms on her fingers and rocks back and forth on her butt.

"Do you want Mama or Dada to carry you?" I ask, although I have no idea where she's going.

"Nu, Dada. Cwara gun crwal." My princess announces proudly. I guess she's a big girl today.

The elevator dings and the doors open. Clara's the first one off, Grace and I following close behind her. It looks like she's headed towards Calisto's office. So she wanted to see Cal? Maybe that's why she put on the suit jacket.

She wants to dress like her Daddy.

But based on the way her head swings back and forth, it looks like she's looking for somebody.

Clara crawls all the way to Calisto's office and smiles when she sees Christen. "Wisten 'ere Neil?" My little girl asks after using Christen's pants to stand.