Epilogue

Seven Years Later...

Clara POV:

It's been seven years since my regression shot failed. These have been the happiest years of my life. Last year, I had my immortality shot and so did Oliver. Mom and Dad supported us through it, as it was a painful experience.

Since that day almost a year ago, a lot has happened. Oliver and I got married. Much to Dad's displeasure. Turns out he was right all along. Oliver and I did end up together.

After Dad worked with the world leaders to change the laws that made humans lesser, Oliver's caregivers didn't want him anymore. Queen Ava and King Steven fought the law change with all they had in them.

In the end, the law passed. It helped that Arabella and Geoff were on our side. Plus, with me being the presidents daughter and the princess of Xeoph, I had a lot of pull.

I advocated for the humans publicly. I used my voice and spoke up for what I believed was right. Even Uncle Dominque helped out. He used his connections at the studio to help me get my word out to the public.

He sat me down for an interview and asked me a bunch of questions. It reminded me of when Mom and Dad's did the interview with him a couple days after they first adopted me.

Finally, the new law was passed. It was a day to be celebrated. It wasn't a slow process either. It took almost two years to change the law, and another year for all the humans who had been regressed, to be given the reversal shot.

Once they got the reversal shot, they were asked if they wanted to stay regressed or become a 'grown up.' Most chose to become a grown up, while a select few chose to stay regressed.

Oliver has been living with us for four years now. At first, Dad did his best to keep us separated. Now that I'm an adult again, I have adult urges. Despite Dad's meddling, Oliver and I ended up together.

Sometimes, we regress together too. Mom and Dad's quickly became his caregivers too. My nursery was redecorated to fit him too. Half of my formally pink room, was painted blue. Mom wanted to add another crib, but Ollie and I love sleeping together.

Whenever we regress, we do everything together. That includes nursing. Mom was over the moon when I told her I still wanted to nurse. She was afraid I thought those aspects of being a baby would disgust me. That's the farthest thing from the truth.

I'm still crazy, goofy, and rambunctious. I even still choose to crawl instead of walk when I fall into headspace. I still even bother Harold and Neil too.

My crawling days are slowly coming to an end, though. Not because it's hard on my knees. No, it's because Oliver and I are expecting our first child.

Mom was over the moon when I first told her. Dad's we're a little bit furious, but what did they think Ollie and I did at night when we weren't in headspace?

The only concern was from Mom. She was afraid I wouldn't want to be her little girl anymore since I was having a baby of my own. That's the farthest thing from the truth.

I might not be able to regress as much, but that's a part of my life that I don't want to let go. I'll always be my Mommy, Daddy, Dada, and Papa's little girl. No matter what.

The best part about all of this, is that the humans are starting to repopulate too. More human children are being born and we're peacefully cohabiting with the aliens.

We're no longer the last humans and I can thank one hard choice for that. It was a long road to get to where we are, but I couldn't be happier.