Chapter Ten: Rise N' Shine

Clara POV:

I'm awoken by somebody lifting me out of my crib. I rub my eyes as I'm laid on my changing table and am changed into a fresh diaper.

I still don't open my eyes during my diaper change. I just lay there and suck on my paci.

"Hey pretty girl. Let's go get some milkies from mama and some more sleep." It sounds like Daddy talking.

I don't say anything, just lay my head on his shoulder when he picks me up.

Daddy lays me in bed next to mama and she takes my paci out. Quickly replacing it with her boobie so I don't cry. She lays her arm over my body and I feel her go back to sleep right as I start to feel drowsy.

Atticus (Papa) POV:

I feel Clara being placed in bed next to me and let out of a soft groan. I look over at the clock and see it's 3:12 in the morning. Which means it's time for me to get up. I look over to where Clara and Grace are laying.

Grace is laying on her side with her shirt tucked against under her chin, Clara is nursing, the sound of her suckling the only noise in the room. Grace has her arm thrown over Claras little body as they both peacefully sleep.

When I walk into the bathroom, Calisto is in the shower. So I quickly use the toilet, wash my hands, and shower in the bathroom down the hall.

When I return, Grace is placing Clara in her baby swing. She turns it on placing it on a slow rocking mode, stands up, yawns, and stretches her arms above her head.

"I'm gonna get in the shower with Dechen. Calisto is down in the kitchen getting some bottles packed. Can you go make sure the diaper bag is ready?" Grace asks.

I place a kiss on her forehead before replying, "Sure my love."

I exit the room and enter Clara's nursery. Turning on the light. I find her diaper bag on the changing table. I decide to pack her a extra pacifier, her stuffed giraffe, a few disposable diapers along with her cloth ones, and two outfit changes. Everything seems to be in place when I return to our bedroom.

I can hear soft moans coming from the bathroom and roll my eyes. Now I know why she wanted a shower with Atticus. Wake up call.

I walk over to Clara, stopping her swing, and gently pick her up. She's out like a light. Not moving at all. I take her into her room and get her dressed in the outfit Grace picked out.

A tulle pink and white dress with thick shoulder straps, a large white and pink bow on the back, with white lace on the bottom. I put on a ruffly pink matching diaper cover under her dress.

After dressing her I sit with her on my lap in the rocking chair to do her hair. She fusses while I brush her hair out and put the matching bow in.

Grace wanted her natural hair left long in its natural state. Clara has the most beautiful, wavy, bright red hair. I can see why the only accessory would be the bow.

By the time I walk out of the room everybody's ready. When we arrive at the studio we'll all go through hair and makeup. The only exception being Clara. She's a toddler and doesn't need makeup. Next, we'll get our mics on, then go through interview questions. When that's all finished we'll get to do the live interview.

The person interviewing us is a close family friend, Dominique. He's a famous journalist and works with the news network we chose to do this interview with.

The interview airs at 8:00 am so hopefully Clara will be up by then.

We all make our way to the car and I place Clara in her seat. Buckling her in then covering her with a soft pink blanket. I give her pacifier to Grace who sits beside her. Then sit in the passenger seat. It's gonna be a long morning...

Claras dress below: