Chapter Five: The Room

Grace (Mama) POV:

I look down at Clara just as we enter her room. Her bright green eyes are wide open, her pacifier hanging from her open lips.

The room is painted a pastel pink with a circular white crib in the middle. Above the crib hangs a butterfly mobile.

To the left of the door is a white changing table. On the wall above her changing table is her name in big bubble letters with rainbow butterflies surrounding it.

Next to her changing table is a closet filled with adorable clothes my husbands and I have bought.

On the wall in front of the window is a white toy chest filled with stuffies. Next to that sits her baby swing where she can lay when she needs to calm down or just relax.

On the right side of the room sits a white rocking chair than can fit three people.

Next to the rocking chair sits a tall white bookshelf. Filled with children's books for bedtime stories.

Finally, the tan hardwood floor has a large, white, fluffy carpet placed in the center.

I'm torn out of my thoughts when I hear, "Nu down pwease!"

Clara POV:

I want out of mamas arms now! I wiggle but she still isn't paying attention.

"Nu down pwease!" I say to get her attention. I want to go play!

"Thank you for asking nicely baby." Mama says and then places me on the floor.

I wobble a little then fall on my butt. I scrunch up my face to cry but then see a giant teddy bear!

I get on my hands and knees to go crawl over to her. Once I make it over I pull myself up with the teddy bears arm and look over to Mama and Daddies. Dada has a square in his hands and is pointing it my way. I give him a big smile behind my pacifier.

I turn back around to my teddy but then a white chest catches my eyes. I drop to the floor and crawl to it. I open it to reveal a bunch of stuffies.

Inside is every animal I know but I pull one out that catches my eye.

"Watcha got baby?" Daddy says walking over to me.

"I dunno." I say holding my arms out to be picked up.

Daddy picks me up, holding me on his hip and says, "That's called a giraffe."

"Raff." I repeat after Daddy.

"Good job Clara." Dads says clapping his hands.

I lay my head on Daddy's shoulder. My hand that's not holding my stuff, playing with his red hair.

"Awee, are you sleepy? Let's go to Mama and Daddy's room and you can have some milkys and take a nap."

"Nu wanna nap!" I say groggily.

"Okay, you don't have to take a nap baby." Daddy replies.

"Milky?" I ask.

"Hmm, I guess." Daddy answers.

Happy that I got my way I lay my head back down on Daddy's shoulder as he leaves my room. He walks to a door across the hall.

Daddy walks us into the room laying us in the middle of a huge bed. I sit up on my knees and stretch my arms out to mama. Wanting her milky.

"Give Mama a second baby." Mama says while pulling off her shirt. She then walks into a door closing it behind her.

I fall back on my butt and start to cry. It isn't fair. I want milky now!

"Dechen, take off her dress, onesie, tights, and headband. You guys can take off your shirts too. Do skin to skin with her while I use the bathroom please." I hear mama shout from behind the door.

Dada reaches for me after removing his shirt and takes off all my clothes, leaving me in only a cloth diaper with little hearts on it. He places some pillows against the top of the bed then leans back, placing me on his chest.

I curl up on him with my knees to my chest, putting my fingers in my mouth to suck them. Dada quickly removes my fingers and replaces them with a binky.

"We don't put our fingies in our mouth cause that's how we let the sickies in." Papa says.

We lay there for a few more minutes with Dada patting my butt rhythmically. Mama finally comes back from behind the door. She has no shirt on and her boobies are out.

"Mama bewbie." I say pointing at them.

"Yes, mamas boobies. Come here." Mama laughs.

Dada passes me to mommy and she lays on her side with me facing her boobs. I latch on to her and start sucking. Enjoying the taste of her milk while mama brushes the hair out of my eyes.

"That's my sweet girl. You can have all the milkys you want." Mama coos.

I slowly feel my eyes fluttering shut. My tummy's full, Mamas warm body pressed against my nakey one, and her soft pets on my head all lull me to sleep.