Chapter Twenty-Three: Big Day Ahead

Clara POV:

I feel my body being lifted in my sleep and let out a huge whine. It isn't fair! I open my eyes to see Papa is going through my closet while holding me in the crook of his elbow.

"I know I'm so mean. I know it's way too early to be up but Daddy has to attend a very important meeting! We're going to be meeting some very special people too. We're going to ride on an airplane for a while. You can sleep there. Okay?" Papa says.

I don't know what an airplane or a meeting. All I know is that I'm sleepy, my gums hurt, and I want to sleep. Papa lays me on the changing table and takes off my sleeper, onesie, then diapee. When I feel a cold wipe touch my pee pee I start to wail and kick my legs.

"Shh, we're almost done." Papa hums to me while he finishes changing and dressing me. I'm wearing a pink onesie, gray leggings, and pink socks to match.

I'm still crying when Papa puts a paci in my mouth. I start to suck on it and stop crying.

"There we go. Let's go see Mama, Daddy, and Dada."

Papa picks me up, grabs my blanky, and covers my back with it. He hums a little while he walks to Mommy's room.

"Looks like Mommy's taking a shower. I'm gonna go see what she's doing. You stay right here. Okay?" Papa says while putting me in my rocker.

He buckled me in then turns it on, so it slowly swings from side to side. Papa walks through a door and closes it. As soon as I can't see him anymore I start to cry. "MAMA!" I yell from behind my paci.

"MOMMY? DADA? PAPA? DADDY?" I yell louder.

I kick my legs out and start to wail loudly. Why is nobody coming? Where did everybody go? I suddenly feel the buckle between my legs being undone and I'm pulled into Papa's arms. I don't want Papa! I want Mommy!"

I push against Papa's chest to try and get down. "I'm sorry I left you. Papa's sorry I'm right here. I promise."

"Wan Mommy!" I tell Papa, crying louder.

"Okay. Let's go see Mommy."

Papa walks into the bathroom and I see Daddy and Dada in the shower with Mama. Papa sits me on the counter and takes off my clothes and diaper, then hands me to Mama. The water is warm and feels good on my back.

"Shhh. Stop crying it's okay. Mommy's here now."

Mommy pats my back while I lay my head on her shoulder. She starts to hum and rock us a little bit. After a while I calm down and my eyes start to close. Mama keeps patting my back, I'm almost asleep when I hear, "Shit, she just peed on me. Take her Dechen."

I'm passed to Dada and feel him start to pat my bum. I lay my head on his shoulder and put my thumb on my mouth. "It's so early I know. You can go to sleep on Dada."

I don't say anything, just keep sucking my thumb. I lift my head off Dada's shoulder and turn to look at Mommy. Daddy's washing his hair next to Mommy when I see his ding-dong. I point to it and tell Dada, "Daddy's ding-Dong. Nu see!"

Daddy turns his head around and his face turns red. "That's right. We don't see Daddy's ding-dong." Daddy explains.

I look down at my peepee, then at Mamas. "Mama hab hawir on peepee. Cwara dun. Wan hawir on peepee!" I yell.

I hear Papa laugh from outside the shower. "Glad we're having an anatomy lesson at 2:30 in the morning." Papa laughs.

Mama makes a weird noise and says, "Only Mommy's have hair on their peepees. You're too little and not a Mommy. Maybe when you're older. Okay?"

I pout and go back to laying my head on Dadas shoulder. I hear Mama whisper, "That's the last time I'm letting her shower with us."

Soon enough I'm dressed back in my clothes and put in my car seat with a baba. I slowly drink Mommy's milk from it and close my eyes.

Calisto (Daddy) POV:

Today we're meeting the royal family for the first time. Except, this one isn't the same from when the humans rules. Our version royal family is the only people that have more power than my family and I. They live in what used to be called, "Russia." Now it's called, "Xeoph."

They invited us to join them for a week with Clara. Currently, the King and Queen don't have a Little, but want to meet Clara. As President of The New World, it's my duty to keep peace and that often means waking my two year old up at 2:30 in the morning to meet the Royal Family.

With our new technology, the flight only lasts about eight hours. Clara sleeps through it all. Including her outfit change. We dressed her in a light blue summer dress that has a big bow in the front. It's decorated with daisies and has a matching white sun hat, and a cute little light blue diaper cover.

Currently, I'm working on some paperwork but keep looking over at Clara asleep in her car seat. I reach over and stroke her chubby cheek with the back of my finger. Her plain white pacifier bobs up in down in her mouth as she sucks.

"Buckle up and prepare for landing." The pilot instructs over the planes speakers.

Clara is startled awake by the airplane touching the ground. Her eyes fly open and she lets out a ear piercing cry. As soon as the plane fully comes to a stop, I lift her out of her car seat and hold her to my chest. She calms down almost instantly.

I unbuckle myself with one hand and carry Clara to the front of the plane. "There's going to be some people out there, Clara. They're going to take some pictures of us and there might be some yelling. Don't be scared, Daddy will protect you." I explain.

Atticus grabs her car seat and the base, and the pilot opens the planes door. As soon as it's down we see hundreds of paparazzi and a limo waiting on the tarmac.

I hold Clara closest to my chest and let Grace step up next to me. I grab a hold of Grace's hand with the other holding Clara, and begin to leave the plane with Dechen and Atticus following.

The show begins.