Chapter Thirty-Three: Security Breach 

Calisto (Daddy) POV:

It's 4:30 A.M when my bedroom door is thrown open. Members of my family and I's security team burst into the room. "Sir, we need you and your family to move to the bunker NOW!" My first thought is of Clara.

Shooting out of bed, I run across the hall into Clara's room. Standing there with Clara in his arms, is a member of Clara's security detail. "Sir, we need to move now." He passes Clara to me and Grace, Dechen, and Atticus meet me in the hallway.

Our security surrounds us as we make our way to the elevator that'll take us below ground. "The King and Queen?" I ask.

"They're already in the bunker, sir. They want to call members of the Royal Guard to help with the situation." The head of my security, Ronald tells me.

"What's the situation?" I grit out. He's not telling me shit and it's pissing me off.

"We have a breach near the front gate. They managed to get inside the grounds and were trying to neutralize them now."

"What do you mean try? Fucking do it!" I raise my voice at him.

"Sir, they managed to get in the building. We're trying to track them down now. This elevator is secure, they can't access it."

"What do you mean 'they?' Is it more than one person?"

"Yes, they planted a bomb at the front gate, killing several men when it went off. A van drove through emptying with several men in full tactical gear. The killed the men guarding the front door. We believe they're here for Clara.

"They carved Clara's name in the center of a dead mans chest. We're searching high and low for them now."

The elevator stops and security surrounds us, walking to the bunkers door. I scan my eye, finger, and type in a code, to unlock the heavy metal door. Inside the bunker is a miniature house. Complete with four bedrooms, three bathrooms, a fully stocked kitchen and pantry, living room, and dining room.

Sitting in the living room when we enter, are the King and Queen. "We'll post guards outside the bunker door. Do not come out until you get the all clear." Ronald salutes me, turns on his heel, then leaves.

"Call the Royal Guards, get them here quickly." I instruct the King, passing a still sleeping Clara to Grace. 

"Do you know what's going on?" Arabella asks.

I explain the situation to the Geoff and Arabella. Geoff looks pissed and Arabella looks scared. Geoff pulls her into his arms and whispers something in her ear. She nods and sits back down on the couch. "I have to make a phone call, I'll be back." Geoff announces before exiting the room with his phone in hand.

"There's morning we can do but wait." I sigh, sitting down.

Time flies by without incident. Eventually, Geoff comes into the room announcing that the Royal Guards are on their way. Everything's fine, until we hear gunshots outside the security door. Grace has tears pouring from her eyes as she holds Clara tighter to her body.

The only blessing in this situation is that Clara is still sound asleep. The gun shots eventually stop and I breathe a sigh of relief. The guards killed them, everything's going to be okay, or so I thought.

The next thing that happens is a blur. A series of multiple explosions happened outside the bunker door. I'm thrown back into the coffee table in front of the couches. My ears ring and my eyes are blurry. Turning my heavy head to the side, I see a man dressed in all black taking a screaming Clara from Grace's unconscious arms.