Chapter Forty-Eight: Lost Child

(Chapter idea goes to @Mochi10987 and @gummybearmin. I kind of mixed their two ideas together for this chapter. Thank you for the suggestion!)

Dechen (Dada) POV:

Yesterday Clara got to spend the morning with Calisto so I demanded my time with her today. I have the whole day planned. First, we're going to play blocks in Clara's room, then we'll color, have a fun bath with the new bath markers I ordered, have some lunch, and finally we'll watch a movie of her choice.

I know it's probably going to be Finding Nemo, but I would watch it a thousand times for my babygirl. Now, all I have to do is wait for her to wake up. Calisto usually gets Clara out of bed but today I'm going to beat him to it.

I've been up since five-thirty this morning just watching the baby monitor, waiting to see any indication that Clara's awake. Now it's seven and Clara's still not up yet. She's sleeping on her stomach with her little butt in the air. It's adorable but I'm ready for her to wake up now.

Thirty minutes go by and I finally see Clara roll on her back and stretch. Shooting up out of bed, I move to Clara's bedroom and silently crack open the door. I walk over to her crib and see her eyes slowly open.

Reaching down, I gently rub Clara's tummy while she kicks her legs out in her sleep sack.

"Good morning, princess. You ready to spend the day with Dada?" I gently whisper as I lift Clara out of crib.

Clara lays her head on my shoulder and I feel her breathing even out as she goes back to sleep. Okay, I might've gotten her up before she was fully awake. That doesn't matter, I'll just hold her while she sleeps.

Moving over to the changing table, I gently lay Clara down and get to work on changing her diaper. Everything's going fine until my unconscious little girl decides to go poop on me. I'm not talking about a little turd, I'm talking about runny, nasty poop.

Gagging, I hurry to try and at least get a diaper under her butt. I can hear laughter coming from Grace, Atticus, and Calisto. They must be watching me struggle on the baby monitor. Turning towards the camera, I flip them the bird and rush to try and contain the mess.

The damage is done, though. She's going to need a bath. I pick Clara up from under her armpits her hold her away from my body. During all this she must've woken up and she's staring at me with wide eyes. I think she's going to start crying, but she just laughs like this is the funniest situation in the world.

"Go get in the shower with her, Dech." Grace says through the baby monitor.

What a shitty start to Clara and I's day. Running to the bathroom, I pass by my family chilling on the bed. Atticus is laughing so hard that he has tears coming from his eyes, Calisto's face is as red as his hair, and Grace is trying to look sympathetic but is failing. "I really don't like any of you guys right now." I snap as I run through the open bathroom door.

"I need help. I can't open the shower with my poop hands." I yell out the door.

Grace finally takes mercy on me and gets out of bed and opens the shower door for me. Reaching in, she starts the water and I set Clara in so I can strip. Once all my clothes are off, I hop in the shower. The first thing I do is wash my hands and arms off. Clara's off in her own little world on the shower floor, playing with a shampoo bottle.

"Hey, Dech? Atticus and I are going to head down to Calisto's office for a while. I already cleaned off the changing table so you don't have to worry about that. Make sure to get her a bottle sometime soon. Love you." Grace calls into the bathroom.