Chapter Seventy-Three: Ollie Is Back

(Chapter idea inspired by bvmchloe and coochie_potato Thank your for the chapter ideas! Feel free to leave more in the comments down below!)

Grace (Mama) POV:

A few months ago, Clara met King Steven, Queen Ava, and their little boy Olive. Clara was fascinated with Little Ollie. Calisto, on the other hand, did not like him from the start.

He was worried about Clara ending up like her mother and father. I don't see that happening. There is a possibility her regression shot could fail, but we're keeping an eye out for that.

Today, we're having King Steven, Queen Ava, and Little Oliver back over to our house. Clara screeched with excitement when I told her this when she first woke up this morning. She's been crawling around all day, causing ruckus.

Not to mention, it's only ten in the morning. The family won't arrive until around three.

"Clara, please don't eat the crayons." I say, my voice full of exhaustion.

"Iss nummy, Mama." Clara tells me while she continues to eat the purple crayon.

It's covered in drool and the sight nearly makes me gag. "I understand that it's yummy, but you need to stop eating it." Calisto adds in.

We're all sitting around in Clara's room, trying to distract her with some coloring. It was working at first, but I can tell she's getting bored. "Give me the crayon, princess."

Atticus holds his hand out expectantly and Clara stares at him blandly. Her little teeth are leaving indents on the crayon and I can tell she's close to breaking it. "Don't make me get up, Clara." Atticus warns.

Clara's eyes get wide and she removes the slobber covered crayon from her mouth, placing it in Atticus's hand. He thanks her before standing up and throwing it in the trash. "See what happens when we eat crayons? It destroys them and they have to go bye bye in the trash." Dechen explains.

Our baby's bottom lip starts to wobble and I sigh, knowing the water works are starting. I pick her up out of the seat she's sitting in, and place her in my lap. "Don't cry, princess. We're just looking out for you."

Clara cries for a little bit longer until I decide to get up and head into the bathroom. She needs a bath and I need to feel close to my baby.

"I'm going to go take a bath with the baby." I tell the boys as I'm walking out of the room.

Once I'm in the bathroom, I set Clara down on the floor and start the water in our humongous bathtub. Clara crawls around while the water runs. She's babbling about Ollie and talking about bath time with her Mama.

It warms my heart so see Clara excited about bathing with me. "You ready to get nakey, princess?"

Clara stops crawling and turns to sit on her bum. "Yesth!" She answers then proceeds to crawl to my feet.

Bending over, I start to undress her. Once her shirt is off, I tickle her cute belly. She giggles and wiggles around on the floor.

"Let Mama get your diapey off." I tell her once I strip her leggings off.

When Clara's completely naked, I get to work stripping off my own clothes. As soon as my breasts are barred, Clara stares straight at them and makes grabby hands.

"Do you want milky?" I ask her.

Clara nods her head and rocks on her bottom. The tile has to be cold against her bare cheeks, but she doesn't seem to mind. "Once we get in the bath you can have some. Okay?"