Chapter Seventy-Eight: Day With The Daddies (Part 2)

Dechen (Dada) POV:

As it turns out, a lot could go wrong without Grace being with us. Right after our food was delivered Atticus overfed the baby. Even when Calisto told him to stop he kept going. Now, Clara is laying down on the living room floor passed out.

Her chunky belly is distended and her mouth is wide open in a silent snore. "Look what you did, man. The poor thing is about comatose." I tell Atticus while gesturing to our baby.

All he's doing is sitting back and smiling smugly. "Yeah, and what about it? She's quiet and asleep with a full belly. It looks like good parenting to me."

Calisto rolls his eyes and crosses his legs. "She's going to be sick when she wakes up. I'm not cleaning up her vomit, either."

"If she throws up, it's on you, Att." I say rather bluntly. Grace is going to throw a fit when she hears about this.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever, dude. I did all of us a favor." Atticus says with a rather blasé attitude.

I grunt and grab the remote, turning on some horror movie. We all sit back to relax while Clara stays on the floor. We're an hour into our movie when she starts to fuss a little bit. Clara rolls onto her stomach and let's put the cutest, little whine ever.

She wiggles her little bum in the air, probably trying to get comfortable, and grunts a little bit. Her face turns an ungodly shade of red, and she lets out a huge fart. I cringe at the sound, then turn to Atticus to see his reaction.

The man is looking extremely proud of our daughter right now. "Good girl, Clara!" He exclaims while slowly clapping his hands in a dramatic fashion.

"You're saying that now, but you're going to be the one to change it." Calisto points out.

Atticus blanches and stands up, running out of the room. I stand up to give chase. No way is he getting out of this! He's going to change that nasty, blowout diaper. "Come back here, Att, and face the consequences of your actions!" I bellow down the hall.

He sharply turns a corner and slides into a different corridor. I manage to catch up to him and am about to grip the hem of Att's shirt, when I slip and fall on the slippery marble floor. Atticus's laugh echos down the hall as he runs into a spare room and locks the door.

Standing up, I run to the door and frantically bang on it. "Come out, Atticus! You're changing this diaper!"

I hear his laugh come from behind the door. It almost sounds evil like. "No way! I'm not changing that blowout!"

Sighing, I stomp on the floor, imitating my footsteps walking away. In reality I just plant my ass down on the floor to wait him out. Ten minutes pass before I hear the clicking noise of the door being unlocked.

When Atticus sees me sitting on the floor, he rushes to slam it closed again. I don't let him, though. My foot slides into the crack of the door, while my forearm stops it from slamming closed. "You really though you would get away with it, huh?" I ask while approaching Atticus.

He's slowly backing away but he's not getting far this time. I rush him and grab onto his shirt, dragging him out of the room and back down the hall. Att fights me the whole way, whining about how he doesn't want to change the blowout.

By the time we're back in the living room, Clara is wide awake with a sagging diaper. Calisto is sitting beside her on the floor and is playing with her feet. I push Atticus forward while Calisto throws him a diaper and a pack of baby wipes.

"You should get to it. We don't want her to get a rash." Calisto tells Att with a huge, smug smile.

Atticus gags but heads towards his task with a grim look on his face. Honestly, you would think we were sending him to death with the way he's acting. "Papa's going to change you now, babygirl." Atticus tells Clara when he takes a seat on the floor.