Chapter Twenty-Five: Gone

Arabella (The Queen) POV:

I'm holding a screaming Clara while the guards escort The First Family away. Clara is screaming for her Mommy and Daddies. It's a heartbreaking scene. She's pushing on my chest trying to get away from me.

Our plan isn't to keep them away from Clara forever. We just need to come to some sort of agreement. We'll meet early tomorrow to set up some sort of custody agreement. Clara is too precious to my family and I.

"Calm down Clara. It's okay. You'll see Mommy and Daddies tomorrow." I stroke her hair, trying to calm her down.

"Nu! Wan Mommy and Daddies! Nu wan chu!" Clara starts to hit my chest. It honestly doesn't hurt. What does hurt, is her saying she doesn't want us.

"Come on, let's go see your room!" I try and coax her. I try to tickle, bounce, hum, but nothing works. She keeps screaming and crying.

"Nu! Nu! Nu! Dun wan' chu!" Clara starts to hit my face and pull my hair. I decide to curb her behavior right then and there. I walk over to the corner of the room and sit her on the floor.

As soon as I walk away I hear a giant bang, followed quickly by more. I turn back around and see Clara banging her head into the wall repeatedly. I rush over to her and pick her up. "Nu wike chu! Nu Nu Nu. Go 'way. Wan Mommy."

I look over to Geoff and see he's crying. That man has cried three times in his life. When Clarissa went missing, when we learned that Clarissa killed herself, and at Clarissa's funeral. Seeing this must be breaking his heart.

"Guards! Bring the First Family back. ASAP!" He snaps.

I snap my head toward Geoff and he gives me a heartbreaking look. "We'll have to do this another way. I won't have her looking at me like I'm some sort of villain. This obviously isn't healthy for her. Grace was right, Clara does need her parents. If that means we have to travel to see Clara, then so be it."

Twenty minutes of Clara screaming and crying later, Grace runs in. "MAMA!" Clara yells.

Grace runs over and scoops Clara out of my arms. Clara turns her face in her Grace's neck and sobs. Her back is heaving with heavy breaths and her whole body's shaking. Grace has her face turned into Clara's hair and is breathing in her scent. She's also crying, she presses her hand to the back of Clara's head and sinks to the floor.

Calisto, Dechen, and Atticus run into the room and surround Grace and Clara on the floor. Suddenly, Calisto stands and moves towards Geoff. He grabs Geoff by his collar and menacingly says, "If you EVER take my daughter from me again, I'll fucking kill you. I don't care about your rank or who you are. We're leaving now. I don't trust any of you at all. You hear me."

Geoff holds his hands up as a sign of peace and Calisto lets him go. "Come one, Grace. Let's go."

"Please, just send us photos every now and then. That's all we ask." I plead.

The only reply I get is a head nod from Grace. As soon as the family leaves the room, I break down. Clara looks so much like Clarissa. I just hope we can come to some sort of agreement. I would like for Clara to be in our lives.