Chapter Thirty-One: Building A Bond

Clara POV:

Mama places me in my highchair and buckled me in, kissing my head before she stands up. "Grammy and Grandpa are going to be joining us for breakfast. Can you be a good girl and eat all your food?" She asks me.

"Nu Grammy an Grandpa. 'Ust Mama and Daddies." I mumble around my paci.

"Clara, you have to be nice to Grammy and Grandpa. I know they scared you last time, but they wont do it again. They're going to be here for a while." Dada says.

"Otay." I mumble. I don't like Grammy and Grandpa that much. I also don't trust them! They took me from Mama and Daddies. I think with a frown.

"Here, have some of these." Papa pours some puffs onto my tray and I start to shove them in my mouth.

"At least she already has a bib on." I see Daddy whisper to Mama.

Sticking my tongue out at Daddy, I begin to eat again. "Don't stick that tongue out at me, sassy girl!" Daddy laughs.

I do it again and giggle. "Are you being cheeky?" Papa asks.

I nod my head and offer Papa a puff. It's a little bit soggy from my drool, but still good. "Here, Papa. Chu hungry?"

Papa makes a weird face. "No thank you, princess. They're yours."

I stuff the puff in my mouth right as Grammy and Grandpa walk in the room. "Sorry were late, we packed a lot more than we should've." Grammy says.

"You're fine. Have a seat." The Queen sits next to Mama and the King sits across from her, next to Daddy.

Chef Harold walks into the room rolling a cart with lots of food on it! "HI CHWEF HARWOLD!" I yell at him.

"Hello, Clara. How are you today?" He asks with a smile.

"Gud. I 'alk wid Papa!" I tell him about this morning.

"You walked with Papa? Wow! I'm so proud of you. Are you ready to eat?" He asks, putting all the food on the table.

"Yesth." I lean back and show him my belly.

"Here you go, silly girl." Putting my plate down on my tray, her ruffles my hair, then leaves.

There's eggies, mashed blueberries, and soft sweet potatoes. I pick up a sweet potato and put it in my mouth, doing a happy dance in my seat. "Is that good, princess?" The King asks me.

I nod my head and put another piece of sweet potato in my mouth, staring at everyone as they eat. "I never thought of this, but Clara truly is a princess. She's our grandchild and that makes her a princess as well as the Presidents child. She'll be the most famous person in history." The Queen says thoughtfully.

Mama drops her fork onto her plate and turns to the Queen with wide eyes. "You're right, I never thought about that. God, we're going to have to increase our security when we go out in public." She groans.

I have no idea what they're talking about. I'm Daddies and Mama's princess. That's it. "We can lend you some of our royal guards?" The King says.

"We don't need royal guards. We have some of the best security. If word gets out that Clara's the Princess and the President's child, her safety could be more at risk than she already is." Daddy frowns.

"Dun fown, Dadddy. Is otay." I smile at him.

"You're right, no need to frown. We'll talk about this later." Daddy looks at me then continues, "Privately."

I finish my breakfast and let out a big burp. Leaning back, I poke my tummy. It's sticking out more than before. I slap my stomach. "Baby." I tell Mama.