Chapter Twenty-Nine: Video Calls

Grace (Mama) POV:

Clara went down for her before lunch nap about an hour ago, I can already hear her stirring. Calisto promised the King and Queen that we would video chat with Clara around this time. I just hope this doesn't affect Clara too much. My poor baby has already been through so much since she's came into our house.

Walking into Clara's room, I see her stretching and wiggling in her sleep sack, Bruno tucked under her arm. I gently start to rub her tummy to wake her up. "Clara, it's time to wake up beautiful." I whisper.

She lets out a loud whine and pouts. Her bottom lip poking out. Gently picking her up, I bring her to the changing table and quickly change her. Her rash has healed a little bit and it's not as severe, but I still put tons of cream on her. Clara sleeps through her whole diaper change which is shocking. She never does that.

"Come on princess, if you wake up you can have some milky." I try to bribe. To be honest, she needs to nurse soon. Since I'm not human like Clara is, I produce more milk than she usually drinks. I have to pump a lot of it and freeze the milk. The problem with that is, Clara doesn't drink from a bottle. That milk is only for emergencies.

The only response I get from my sleepy girl is a whine and a grunt. "If you don't wake up I'll have to call the tickle monster. I hear they like to tickle little feet."

"Nu." Clara cries. She finally opens her eyes and stretches her arms above her head.

"There you go. Let's go get some milky." Picking Clara up, I bring her into Calisto's office and sit next to him. He smiles and reaches towards a cranky Clara but I shake my head at him.

"She's cranky this morning. I have to nurse her anyways. You can hold her after I'm done." I sound kind of smug. But with three husbands, the only time I can do anything by myself with Clara is when I nurse.

I hear Calisto sigh. "Fine."

Lifting my shirt, I help Clara latch on and she sucks vigorously. I bounce her in my arms so she doesn't fall back asleep. "Go ahead and call them, Clara will have an easier time with it if she's nursing."

Calisto starts the video call and the King and Queen answer right away. "Hello, little lady." I hear the Queen chirp.

I turn my body to the side so Clara can see the screen. As soon as she sees who she's talking to, she starts to burrow further into my body. "Nu! Pease Mama." She cries.

"It's just a video, Clara. They're not really here. The King and Queen just want to apologize, that's it. Can you calm down for me?" I gently stroke her back and help her latch back on. She suckles hard and fast, playing with my hair.

"Slow down, babygirl. It's not going anywhere." I pat her butt and turn her back towards the screen.

"Hi pretty girl, we're sorry for taking you from your Mommy and Daddies. We promise we won't do it again. Grammy's sorry for scaring you." The Queen apologies.

Clara, in true two year old fashion, rolls her little eyes for the first time in her life! I have never seen Clara roll her eyes. I give her a little tap on her butt and she lets out a wail.

"Clara, we do not roll our eyes at people. That's rude." I gently reprimand.

Clara stretches her arms out to Calisto but he doesn't take her. "No, you're going to stay with Mommy. You're okay, Mama didn't spank you hard at all. It was just a little tap."

Instead of calming down, Clara goes into full blown tantrum mode. She goes to hit me but I grab her wrist. "No ma'am, you can go to timeout." Picking up Clara, I move her to the corner of the room and sit her down.